Metal Storm logo
Tristania - Departure Of Vibeke

Tristania is sorry to announce that Vibeke has decided to leave the band due to personal reasons. The band regrets this fact, but respect her decision and wish her all the best in the future.

Tristania is now looking to find a new female singer, as they are anxious to start touring and promoting the new album.

Please send demos, along with a recent photograph, to;

Tristania
Askeladdveien 12
N-4019 Stavanger
Norway

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 28.02.2007 by Lord Grim

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 27 users
28.02.2007 - 16:38
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Can it be more obvious? Vibeke is the new singer of Nightwish.
----
Christless
28.02.2007 - 16:44
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
I was thinking about it...

Though I'm not so sure than you...

We should open some bets I think
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
28.02.2007 - 16:46
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Hehe...my thought exactly. But we all have to wait and see
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.02.2007 - 16:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Jeff on 28.02.2007 at 16:44

I was thinking about it...

Though I'm not so sure than you...

We should open some bets I think

hahah I put $20 on the table.
----
Christless
28.02.2007 - 16:47
dancingdecember
so what's left of tristania in the end? veland is gone first and now vibeke.i remember those times when i was listening to them so frequently..those widow's weeds and beyond the veil times...i think im going straight into depression these days
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
28.02.2007 - 16:53
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, something tells me that this is the end of Tristania
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.02.2007 - 17:00
Spiritchaser
Account deleted
They should have ended it with Ashes :
And not now that they've finally improved again since that fiasco.
But oh well. Veland was the heart and soul, there wasn't much of Tristania afterwards anyway.
Wonder what will this new singer bring.
Sad day.
28.02.2007 - 17:06
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
WHAT?!? Are you kidding me?? Vibeke was the only reason I still fancy this band, and now she is gone too?

She can't be replaced... She just can't be. She was one of the most enchanting singers I have adored ever since I started to listen to Tristania... This really saddens me.

So long then... Wish her all the best in further.

I'm really sorry to say that, but I guess I'll bury Tristania and hang on to what they have done. This band should have ended before Ashes, I'm sad to say this, but it's true. Tristania will never be the same again.

And a big thank you to Vibeke, she was amazing and contributed with her amazing voice so much to the music of Tristania.

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.02.2007 - 17:14
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Darth Satanious on 28.02.2007 at 16:38

Can it be more obvious? Vibeke is the new singer of Nightwish.

My first though aswell. "personal reasons" my ass xD
28.02.2007 - 17:17
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
If she joins Nightwish I officialy hate her.

She should join Sirenia and enlighten my life again for f*ck's sake!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
28.02.2007 - 17:24
Etaín
Not again ...
28.02.2007 - 17:41
Torelli
Always these departures...what's going on? Nearly every band I listen to seem to lost some members.

This is too bad, Vibeke is a really talented singer but I hope we got the hear her in another band sometime soon...
28.02.2007 - 19:20
Bitch Boy
This is very bad news. I love her voice and her gothic look, one of the greatest vocalists in the scene. The new big challenge for Tristania is to survive.

Now... Vibeke joining Nightwish?? Well, I think that both Vibeke and Nightwish have quite different styles, but I suppose she wouldn't take that much to adapt to Nightwish's style.
28.02.2007 - 19:21
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Torelli on 28.02.2007 at 17:41

Always these departures...what's going on? Nearly every band I listen to seem to lost some members.

This is too bad, Vibeke is a really talented singer but I hope we got the hear her in another band sometime soon...

Man! You're doomed! Stay away from my favorite band list!!!
----
Bitch! Please
28.02.2007 - 19:49
RavenLord
...well this sucks. After Veland left, the main reason I listened to Tristania was Vibeke's beautiful voice, which perfectly complements Osten Bergoy's deeper voice...while the rest of the band are very competent, it was Veland's complex songwriting skills (WW/BTV) and Vibeke's voice that put them above the rest. I doubt they'll find someone able to replace Vibeke...she had something special (moreso than Tarja, in my opinion)

Now, Vibeke joining Nightwish would be something, but I don't think it would save Nightwish from the dog pile, either. If they get their shit together and focus on the guitars as well as orchestration, Vibeke would complement them well. But I won't hold my breath that much. Plus, this is merely conjecture.

Damn it.
----
28.02.2007 - 20:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
I am almost so sure that she is the new vocalist of Nightwish that I'd be surprised if she didn't turn out to be!
----
28.02.2007 - 21:03
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Vibeke as Nightwish vocalist? sounds good...
First Morten, now Vibeke... What a sad ending for Tristania...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
28.02.2007 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Khmamamam sorry I was eating whyle I read this khehehe damn food stuck in my throuth

1)She are pregnennt
2)She be singer of Nighwish
3)...

Seems its end of Tristiania but well Tarja is free you know
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.02.2007 - 21:23
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Everybody are jumping the gun here , lets just wait for the official announcement from the band , then we are much wiser
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.02.2007 - 21:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 28.02.2007 at 17:06

She can't be replaced...

But Tarja are free who knows singer excahge Vibeka-Nightwish
Tarja-Tristania
----

apos;'
[image]
28.02.2007 - 23:02
Etaín
Vibeke in Nightwish ... I dont see it happen.

Illumination was delayed becuz Vibeke had study plans or something. Maybe thats the reason.

''The September tour has been cancelled due to outside issues. Vibeke (vocals) will be finishing her education as a teacher, in addition to which she will be working as a teacher while studying. Thus, this makes it difficult for her to do long tours at the moment. Finishing off her education is something she has postponed for a long time due to her duties with Tristania - and she feels it is finally time to do it.''

... Sounds logical anyway.
28.02.2007 - 23:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Etaín on 28.02.2007 at 23:02

Illumination was delayed becuz Vibeke had study plans or something. Maybe thats the reason.

''The September tour has been cancelled due to outside issues. Vibeke (vocals) will be finishing her education as a teacher, in addition to which she will be working as a teacher while studying. Thus, this makes it difficult for her to do long tours at the moment. Finishing off her education is something she has postponed for a long time due to her duties with Tristania - and she feels it is finally time to do it.''

This makes alot more sense than the Nightwish garbage. How is Vibeke going to help Tuomas do what he wants to do with Nightwish anyway, he left the soprano days behind.
k7 had a good guess about pregnancy too, but i feel Etain here is the only one who has done research hehe.

It is sad though, she is my second favourite female vocalist, i hope she comes back to the scene again.
01.03.2007 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 28.02.2007 at 23:40

Written by Etaín on 28.02.2007 at 23:02

This makes alot more sense than the Nightwish garbage. How is Vibeke going to help Tuomas do what he wants to do with Nightwish anyway, he left the soprano days behind.
k7 had a good guess about pregnancy too, but i feel Etain here is the only one who has done research hehe.

It is sad though, she is my second favourite female vocalist, i hope she comes back to the scene again.

I just joking man but who knows tour,studio, bus, whatever all can hepen in life

@Etain studies hmmm does Tarja was not into studies some years ago in Germany when NW take break?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2007 - 00:52
Bitch Boy
I think that if she had been pregnant, the band would have announced it in the website, or maybe Vibeke would have only taken a break.

About her studies as a teacher, it makes sense, but I think that if she loves singing, it's much more better to be in a band rather than teaching singing techniques.
01.03.2007 - 04:35
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I in fact thought the band itself was going to call it quits after "Illumination," as anytime a member starts concentrating on something outside the band, it's never a good sign for their future (Vibeke's teaching career). Interesting that she left and the band wants to continue and is considering doing tours. I'd like to see it, but I'm not going to bet on it any time soon
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
01.03.2007 - 04:38
metalwarrior1
Account deleted
Well, shes so good for to be in a band dont have any direccion!!!. Good luck in Nightwish Vibeke!!!
you deserves that!!!!
01.03.2007 - 05:08
Lord Grim
I agree with very many who people who think that this is the end of Tristania. Morten Veland was a masterful musician with Tristania. He's moved on and now so has Vibeke. I'm not too sure why, however, I have my theories. She could be the new vocalist of Nightwish, she could be pursuing her career as a teacher, or she may have not liked the direction of Tristania and left.

Sort of like Liv Kristine and Theatre of Tragedy. Although, she was actually kicked out of that band due to musical differences... Such a big loss on their end. Liv Kristine did a lot for Gothic Metal. But, it's okay, she's better in Leaves' Eyes anyways.

Thus, the point is, this is basically the end of the once great Tristania.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
01.03.2007 - 05:52
Hyvaarin
Written by Bad English on 28.02.2007 at 21:21

1)She are pregnennt

The third person singular form of 'to be' is 'is'. She is, he is, it is. Learn it .

PS - this band is pretty much screwed. Sad.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.03.2007 - 07:49
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 01.03.2007 at 05:52

Written by Bad English on 28.02.2007 at 21:21

1)She are pregnennt

The third person singular form of 'to be' is 'is'. She is, he is, it is. Learn it .

PS - this band is pretty much screwed. Sad.

My thoughts, exactly, on both those things
01.03.2007 - 09:16
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
sad decision, she has a perfect voice... but stange what people think about - Vibeke in Nightwish, that's a bit cracked

Hits total: 5639 | This month: 3