Metal Storm logo
Best Slayer Album

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 04.03.2007 - 10:57
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.

Poll

What's your favourite Slayer album?

Reign In Blood
Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
God Hates Us All
Other
Haunting The Chapel
Christ Illusion

Total votes: 321
23.12.2012 - 10:10
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
I would say Divine Intervention or Hell Awaits. Dittohead is one of my favorite Slayer songs. There isnt a bad song on that album either. Hell Awaits is killer as well. That album sounds so raw and evil almost.
27.12.2012 - 02:34
D
I went for seasons in the abyss...

Means alot to me that album!

Plus it is tottaly killer! One of those you can listen to from begining to end...
29.12.2012 - 06:47
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Hell Awaits for me. The title track of that album basically changed my life into becoming a more extreme metal listener. I don't listen to Slayer much now, but this album definitely left an impact on me.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.01.2013 - 02:55
mojo
I think "their best" is Reign in Blood - it's the quintessence of Slayer, of Thrash Metal in fact. Still stands up against the best material by the best new bands, probably always will.

"My favourite" though is Hell Awaits. It was a formative album for me, and the first Slayer album I heard, at the age of 14 when I was first getting into metal and at the time it was their latest album. The way the album / opening song / title track builds still sends a shiver down my spine. I think some of KK and JH's guitar work on this album is the best they've ever done. And this is the album where the prototype of the "Reign in Blood" and "South of Heaven" riffs can be found ("At Dawn They Sleep").

Oh yeah and Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved, hehehe...
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
04.01.2013 - 10:44
Metalandy92
Reign in Blood,Show no mercy and Seasons in the abyss is some of their best in my opinion.
11.01.2013 - 17:25
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Hell Awaits definetly, ok Reign in Blood has Angel of Death, but that felling on HA is unique.
05.02.2013 - 02:58
Seita
Account deleted
Written by [user id=104220] on 11.01.2013 at 17:25

Hell Awaits definetly, ok Reign in Blood has Angel of Death, but that felling on HA is unique.

Agreed, Hell Awaits truly has a hellish, infernal atmosphere that has never been replicated or matched elsewhere. The songwriting is actually very progressive and the arrangements/compositions are pretty non-linear and compelling.
17.02.2017 - 13:16
nikarg
Staff
South Of Heaven. The atmosphere, the sound, the haunting drums, the screaming guitars.. what an album!
18.03.2017 - 20:48
Cavernous
Written by nikarg on 17.02.2017 at 13:16

South Of Heaven. The atmosphere, the sound, the haunting drums, the screaming guitars.. what an album!

I second that and i would add that the only thing Slayer needed to be perfect after Reign in Blood was slowing down, something they did masterfully in SoH
20.09.2017 - 03:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Still season, because one song self titeled + 2 songs, otherwise, its some kind a more interesting album as other ones, there are just chaos and destruction. Only 80's and seasons slayer is good to me
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.01.2018 - 00:57
Written by D on 27.12.2012 at 02:34

I went for seasons in the abyss...

Means alot to me that album!

Plus it is tottaly killer! One of those you can listen to from begining to end...

Totally. So much more consistent than reign imo
----
THE ESSENCE OF THE VANQUISHED ECHELONS TRICKLES FROM MY DECOMPOSING JAW INTO THE SQUEALING LEGIONS WHOSE RANKS SPRAWL ACROSS THE LANDSCAPE FOR ACRES. I AM MEATWIFE FUCKSON; SON OF FUCK, SQUEEZER OF MEATS, PILLAGER OF INLETS.
11.01.2018 - 03:34
VIG
Account deleted
I went for Reign In Blood, but its more of a personal thing. Hell Awaits may be a better album in my eyes now, but RiB had a slightly bigger influence on me.
11.01.2018 - 17:02
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Seasons In The Abyss for me personally. Really like Reign In Blood but it wouldn't even be in my personal top 3 Slayer albums tbh.
25.06.2018 - 22:58
Season in the abyss, because the titletrack is so incredible
10.08.2019 - 21:54
Neronino
It¡¯s hard to make choice. I like all the first 5 albums. But Season In The Abyss is the one that I played the most. So I personally choose this one.