Metal Storm logo

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 10.03.2007 - 05:33
This movie was amazing. Has anyone else seen it? I believe it was one of the most well executed comic to screen movies ever made. Great movie.
04.05.2007 - 03:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by hanna of steel on 27.04.2007 at 10:47

Oh and I thought the Spartans looked like a group of WWE wrestlers on a day out - did they have to fight in their underpants ?

Being faithful to history, the spartans wore quite heavy armors, in comparison to the light ones persians used. Also Xerxes was bearded, and never set a foot in the battlefield.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.05.2007 - 18:01
Ernis
狼獾
It was simply Miller's interpretation of his favourite film....well....in the film Spartans did wear heavy armors and Xerxes was bearded but we can't judge Miller....he presented his vision of the battle and the characters....perhaps he simply wanted to place stress on certain qualities...like making the spartans seem more powerful and surreal while making the persians look more ugly....Miller tried to emphasize emotions and inner characteristics by making for example ugly and evil look monstrous and distorted...
27.05.2007 - 13:50
Hamird
Lieutenant
if you wanna see a action movie this is great. and has some amazing graphic works on this movie.
but as a historical movie this one SUCKS. maybe that is because of lack of information about iran's history.
i'm agree with that iran after coming islam, became a weak country and had many problems. but before islam iran was the greatest countrey. they were not wild. but in this movie iranian soldiers look like animals.
maybe if this movie beside it's strong graphical effects, has a better story it could be GREAT.
as you can see KINGDOM OF HEAVEN that is a real story ... and that is really great
27.05.2007 - 15:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
300 isnt about any history...it is about bravery, action and...blood

and i love this movie

i made one video as a tribute to this movie and to the Spartans, so you can watch it and comment if you want - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEDPJvROHtM (the music is my "battle anthem" Battle Metal by Turisas :-) )
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.08.2007 - 21:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
spaaaartAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sorry i couldn't help myself saw the movie and while i think it's great, with wonderful colours, effects and tremendously epic battle scenes, it's quite often way too over the top(think i already posted a comment here, but what the heck)
22.08.2007 - 04:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ellrohir on 27.05.2007 at 15:35

300 isnt about any history...it is about bravery, action and...blood

and i love this movie

i made one video as a tribute to this movie and to the Spartans, so you can watch it and comment if you want - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEDPJvROHtM (the music is my "battle anthem" Battle Metal by Turisas :-) )

Amen to that my friend, it's about bravery, action, blood, honor, and everything that is epic.

And you made a great tribute partner, great video!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.08.2007 - 08:21
Oracle
Orcinus
This movie was the most awesome war movie ive ever seen. it had great effects and i really loved the graphics. this movie is also such a Manowar movie lol jk. i really enjoyed it and it was not one of those boring movies where you fall asleep in.
22.08.2007 - 15:41
Infurnace
I'm wanting to go see this movie. Some of my friends really recommend it. And yeah, the graphics of the movie are awesome. I will get it on DVD, as soon as it's out.
28.08.2007 - 18:05
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
anyone complaining about the historical accuracy of this should realize it is a movie. and I think it is funny people care more about the armor and weapons (though when I saw it I mentioned the same thing) than they did about the numbers, the way the battle happened so to speak, and the fact that the spartans did not start in "the hot gates" they had to push the persians out of it and also they numbered 2000 with allies.
28.08.2007 - 21:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
complaining about "historical accuracy" of the comic book is such a bullshit i have never seen...no one will complain about X-Men or Avengers comic books so why about 300, which is exactly same fiction?
----

29.08.2007 - 11:10
Larsson!
Account deleted
I've seen it about 5 times since it came out. It's a really good movie, it's absolutely in my top 10 movie list^^
29.08.2007 - 17:53
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
@Chris
that is exactly the point I was getting at
18.09.2007 - 07:43
?Master?
Account deleted
uggghhhh i fukin love this movie
damn hotass spartan men killing crazy motherfukers
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr niiiiiiiccccce;)
18.09.2007 - 11:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
lol...are you sure you listen to metal? according to your language i will say something else
----

19.09.2007 - 22:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 18.09.2007 at 20:39

@Chris Amber.....foschizzle mo nizzle biatch? lol

translation? j/k

i really want to watch this movie again, i miss the "SPAAARTAAAAAAA *immortal's head explodes from a spear thrust and spartan soldier licks the blood on his lips*" parts though i didn't like the 10 minute long speeches like "and then xerxes sent us the beasts from the bowels of hell" or something like that lol
19.09.2007 - 23:54
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 19.09.2007 at 22:00

i didn't like the 10 minute long speeches like "and then xerxes sent us the beasts from the bowels of hell" or something like that lol

Nah, they're funny...they sound either cool and awesome or funny.....I usually have learnt to laugh at these "passionate" speeches and quotes....they did sound good in LOTR but in other films they just serve as clichés....
20.09.2007 - 03:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Has anyone read 'Gates Of Fire' its a book that 300 was lossely based off of, I find the book to be alot better, but theres so many ins and outs and backrounds behind sooo many different characters I couldnt imagine them trying to fit into movie format. Anyways, in the book theres a quote that I really like:

"The Egyptian inquired of the Spartans why they wore their hair so long. Olympieus replied, quoting the lawmaker Lykurgus 'Because no other adornment makes a handsome man more comely or an ugly man more terrifying. And its free.'"

I give that answer to anyone anytime someone asks me why I decided to grow out my hair.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.09.2007 - 15:43
Remus
This movie was excellent. I know nothing of what actually happened in real life in that period of time but this was trully amazing. Excellent eerie backgrounds, great epic fight scenes oh, and you can't beat naked breasts, can you?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.09.2007 - 23:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I fvcking LOVE that movie!!! it was better while watching the DVD as I drank Bacardi Zombie lol.
24.12.2007 - 00:29
Damnated
Churchburner
saw a part in a mall earlier today, and i was surprised once more with the soundtrack. i mean where is Manowar? half naked man killing each other.. that requires Manowar!
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.12.2007 - 04:00
Oracle
Orcinus
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I watched it again the other day. I love 300. such an awesome movie
24.12.2007 - 17:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 24.12.2007 at 00:29

saw a part in a mall earlier today, and i was surprised once more with the soundtrack. i mean where is Manowar? half naked man killing each other.. that requires Manowar!

dude, you have to watch it, it might be a 'manowar movie' lol but it's one of those must see films like Star Wars or LotR it's like some kind of "Number of the Beast"-you just have to see it, even if you won't like it.
24.12.2007 - 19:39
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valentin B on 24.12.2007 at 17:44

dude, you have to watch it, it might be a 'manowar movie' lol but it's one of those must see films like Star Wars or LotR it's like some kind of "Number of the Beast"-you just have to see it, even if you won't like it.

oh i've seen it before. and i liked it. it's an awsome movie.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.01.2008 - 13:02
>Lymny<
Account deleted
It's awesome... one of the best I saw in 2007. esp like the battle scenes
03.01.2008 - 18:54
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Probably the worst and cheesiest movie I've seen in months. Fortunately I watched it with my friends, so we spent most of the time making stupid remarks about the movie which was pretty fun. Leonidas (or something like that) was simply hilarious and Xerxes even more.
I really love the parody of "300" in South Park - "Lesbians were tired so she made COFFEEE!!!". In slow motion of course.

I don't understand what was so special about the action scenes there. They were quite average visually IMO.
05.01.2008 - 04:59
TDFX

Haha! That would've definitely made it the movie of the year for me. As it is though, I liked the original "300 Spartans" much more...and that with the fact that I really don't like old movies.
----
Last.fm
05.01.2008 - 21:09
Gina73ss
300 ahh yes- BRILLIANT. Of course I love history movies anyway...but the Spartan meatfest- well what girl wouldn't love that?
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
21.12.2010 - 20:29
JD
Account deleted
Good movie i really enjoyed it.