Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
21.11.2011 - 02:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Kreator on 21.11.2011 at 02:13
Amazing live band even if youre not into the music.

So I've heard. Apparently their pyro-technics are worth the money regardless of what you think of their sound.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 10:55
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 02:22

So I've heard. Apparently their pyro-technics are worth the money regardless of what you think of their sound.

I don't dig on swine gimmicks. Where's the music?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.11.2011 - 19:08
Slayer666
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 02:22

And so I've personally witnessed. Stick a dude who completely can't stand their music at their live shows and he's still going to have a great time. Unless he's a pussy and hates pyrotechnics.

Their live shows:
awesome music + flawless performance + stunning visuals = religious experience.
21.11.2011 - 19:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Also, their live performance of Bück Dich where Till has a fake penis perpetually ejaculating is pretty rad...

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.11.2011 - 20:28
Metal_4Ever
I didn't think that this band is Metal anyway
21.11.2011 - 20:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
They're definitely a metal band. They might not be death metal or whatever it is that helps you define what is and isn't metal, but Rammstein have always been a metal band.
----
21.11.2011 - 20:53
Slayer666
Written by Metal_4Ever on 21.11.2011 at 20:28

Metal Archives agrees, you little elitist.
21.11.2011 - 21:46
Metal_4Ever
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2011 at 20:53

Written by Metal_4Ever on 21.11.2011 at 20:28

Metal Archives agrees, you little elitist.

Oh I hate that website they didn't agree with Lacrimosa, System of a Down, Slipknot, ..
second, that's MO.
21.11.2011 - 22:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Metal_4Ever on 21.11.2011 at 21:46

Oh I hate that website they didn't agree with Slipknot, ..

Oh, yes, they did, nu metal fag.
----
21.11.2011 - 22:11
Metal_4Ever
Written by vezzy on 21.11.2011 at 22:02

Written by Metal_4Ever on 21.11.2011 at 21:46

Oh I hate that website they didn't agree with Slipknot, ..

Oh, yes, they did, nu metal fag.

Oh congs for you guys.. I ended alot of these arguments about this website
08.12.2011 - 23:09
METALMILITIA
On that topic, how would you classify Lacrimosa's music? Just heard a bit of their stuff, and it's truly ranged over the course of their discography.

Odd, slow, dark, depressing, brooding, hard, full of catchy riffs, symphony/wind instruments. All this contributes to a classification nightmare.

What are your thoughts out there about this?
08.12.2011 - 23:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
What does Lacrimosa have to do with Rammstein? Aside from the fact that both are German bands.
----
09.12.2011 - 01:20
METALMILITIA
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.12.2011 at 23:13

What does Lacrimosa have to do with Rammstein? Aside from the fact that both are German bands.

I've got to be honest and say that I'm new to all this, and guess I could have started a new topic thread on the issue.
I just thought that since it wasn't TOO long ago that people were conversing on this thread, and that both bands can be on the industrial side (and yes both are German), there may be some thoughts out there.

I'm happy to post somewhere else, but no other topic area on here seemed relevant for this, other than "Alternative" here. Could you tell me where I could post if there is a better one?

I've been asked to do some work in Canada on Lacrimosa, and I'm trying to understand how potential fans classify and relate to the band. They have a truly unique style, and are not big in North America at all (I certainly never knew them before) so was just looking for some informed input from you guys.

I want to find some related bands and really immerse myself in the music as it's a BIG learning experience

If you know any blogs/forums for alternative metal and such (bands like Therion, Haggard, Estatic Fear, etc.) I'd love to know of 'em!

Thanks for your input!
09.12.2011 - 01:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by METALMILITIA on 09.12.2011 at 01:20
I'm happy to post somewhere else, but no other topic area on here seemed relevant for this, other than "Alternative" here.

http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1606

Happy trails.
----
09.12.2011 - 01:54
METALMILITIA
26.12.2011 - 18:56
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Hey, is this right to call Rammstein "Industrial"? I've read somewhere that Rammstein is "New German Hardness", or something like that...
26.12.2011 - 23:23
Slayer666
Written by [user id=114505] on 26.12.2011 at 18:56

Hey, is this right to call Rammstein "Industrial"? I've read somewhere that Rammstein is "New German Hardness", or something like that...

I think you mean "Neue Detuche Harte", or something.
I have no idea what the fuck it means, though. Their first two are definitively industrial, but after that, "industrial" doesn't fully describe their sound, which is especially true for their newest album.
26.12.2011 - 23:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 19:56
Also, their live performance of Bück Dich where Till has a fake penis perpetually ejaculating is pretty rad...

The thing that makes me laugh about this (which I also found brilliant) is that what's coming out of that fake penis is some sort of liquor, don't really remember what kind but it was some liquor with milk or something.

I would have tasted it tbh.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.12.2011 - 00:58
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 26.12.2011 at 23:23

Written by [user id=114505] on 26.12.2011 at 18:56

I think you mean "Neue Detuche Harte", or something.
I have no idea what the fuck it means, though. Their first two are definitively industrial, but after that, "industrial" doesn't fully describe their sound, which is especially true for their newest album.

Yeah! I translated this "neue i don't know what". I heard this subgenre (?) was created after the media review of the first rammstein album.
27.12.2011 - 17:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
I just call it "Neue Douche Harte". It isn't even really a subgenre.
----
27.12.2011 - 18:40
NLthrasher
I heard they called themselves dance metal or something.
31.12.2011 - 01:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
That new douche heart is essentially the equivalent to "dance metal". It's like electro/industrial rave metal or something.

I dunno, I think KFMDM and Oomph also play the same style, but don't quote me on that since I never spent a legitimate amount of time with either band.
----
31.12.2011 - 20:50
NLthrasher
Well this kind of metal is most of the time not my cup of tea but for almost every genre there's an exceptional band, Rammstein is one of those bands, just as trivium and damageplan that are in metalcore for me.
17.01.2012 - 20:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by NLthrasher on 31.12.2011 at 20:50
just as trivium and damageplan that are in metalcore for me.

Damageplan are groovin' for a bruisin', dude. Pretty dull too.

wait why am I quoting this 17 day old post
----
13.07.2012 - 15:44
Berserker
Account deleted
Of course they're a metal band. Rammstein is a fusion of industrial music which incorporates repetitive, somewhat mechanical ambiance with the distortion and aggression of the distorted guitar found in metal. It's metal composed as dance music so to say. Hence the dance metal subgenre.

My favorite album is Sehnsucht. When they released Mutter it felt different, more melodic. I think they've lost something and never made an album that matches the first two.
13.07.2012 - 16:29
axelx666
I love rammstein! my father is a huge fan of them and got me into them when i was young, he used to show me the du-hast video frequently
my favorite is album is: rosenrot
my favorite song is: Mein Herz brennt

i mea they are awesome! this vid proves it:
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
13.07.2012 - 23:13
FinnishSammich
Pretty good band. Going to start buying their albums soon, though Herzeleid and Sehnsucht are superior to their later work which is good aswell, just not in the same level.
20.07.2012 - 22:31
Dinruth
Love all albums .. they may not be very innovative but they sure know how to convey the energy in their songs
23.09.2012 - 03:43
I'm thinking it's time for a new album!
23.09.2012 - 15:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
With my great current German level I have finally began to understand the topics of R+'s songs, and I must say I'm surprised they're not much more infamous.. just from the last album there are around 4 songs specifically about a combination of BDSM, abduction and rape (the title track is about raping a girl at the beach) and including the disturbing Wiener Blut which is about Fritzl. Good thing they balance the disturbing lyrics which some that are quite funny like for Pussy, which is about going to other countries to get laid.