Metal Storm logo
Pyramaze - Matt Barlow Joins As New Singer

Danish Power/Progressive Metal outfit Pyramaze has found a new vocalist: no less than Matt Barlow, ex-singer of Iced Earth who had decided to leave the heavy metal world four years ago! After Pyramaze had fired their former vocalist Lance King in November 2006 due to "personal and professional issues", guitarist Michael Kammeyer got in touch with Matt Barlow, by now a full-time police officer and lead vocalist of the Delaware First State Force Band, and as of March 2007 he has joined Pyramaze, as was announced today. The first Pyramaze album with Barlow on vocals is expected in next spring. Elaborate statements by both Michael Kammeyer and Matt Barlow can be found on Pyramaze's official website, as well as new band photos.

Source: pyramaze.com
Band profile: Pyramaze
Posted: 14.04.2007 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   Visited by: 13 users
14.04.2007 - 17:29
Storchillarn
Holy shit. That's all I have to say. Haven't heard Pyramaze but I understand they are pretty decent if Matt decides to join them? =)
14.04.2007 - 17:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
If you don't know em yet, check em out, they are pretty decent indeed: http://www.myspace.com/pyramaze
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
14.04.2007 - 17:58
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Damn!!!! Is it real ?

Edit: Pyramaze is a GREAT band btw, and they like MS !
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
14.04.2007 - 18:01
Jope"Steele"Nada
Steelemeister
Would have liked to see him returning back to Iced Earth, but anyway nice to hear he's back in metal scene.
----
My vision is augmented
14.04.2007 - 18:04
Götter
Elite
whoa what the heck... I think I must start listening to this band solely because of Barlow's incredible vocals!
14.04.2007 - 18:15
Kaamos
Account deleted
Heh, Götter stole my thoughts.
14.04.2007 - 19:00
WarriorOfMetal
............whaaaaaat? that's ridiculous. re-join iced earth if you're gonna get back into metal....
14.04.2007 - 19:08
RavenLord
Blimey...talk about coming completely out of the left field. I'll be interested to see what Barlow's able to do with Pyramaze...they certainly have the talent to make something big. I must 'borrow' the two Pyramaze albums of a friend...
----
14.04.2007 - 19:40
MetalMachine
wtf, why doesn't he go back to iced earth, i loved him there... they just fitted so good together!
----
m/ Metal Up Your Ass m/
14.04.2007 - 19:50
Stalker
Lone wanderer
@WarriorOfMetal - well thats what I say.... We should sign like a petition or something.... This rether sucks, than its good.
----
14.04.2007 - 20:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Wauw that's just amazing. Must start listening to more Pyramaze now...they were good before and this will make them even better
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.04.2007 - 20:26
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
So Matt Barlow returns to metal like people have been waiting for him to do for the past four years and they still keep complaining ^^

Read his statement. He wanted a secure full-time job to have a secure life for himself and his family. Iced Earth was about making music for a living - with all its insecurities - and touring a lot, which he never was too fond of anyway AFAIK. Now he has established all what he wanted, and Pyramaze probably were the only ones to have the guts to approach him at this point again. And like he says, one reason why he joined Pyramaze is because they don't have the pressure to be successful as everyone in the band has jobs and makes the music just for the fun of it. Looking at this aspect it's very unlikely that he'll return to Iced Earth because IE is just a lot more serious than he seems to want it to be. Plus I guess he is humble enough not to go like "Hey Ripper, I'm back to reconquer the mic in Iced Earth, fuck off!"

Anyway, give them a chance! Pyramaze is a very good band and I think his voice could fit very well to it. I'm not sure about him doing the band's back catalogue, but I'm positive Michael Kammeyer gonna write some decent tunes for him to sing along to
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
14.04.2007 - 20:58
Farundel
Account deleted
Matt is back in metal! I still can't believe it! It's a bit pitty he is not back in Iced Earth, but still it's great news! I've never heard of Pyramaze, have to check them out. I'm sure they are great - Matt would never join a bad band
14.04.2007 - 21:01
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
If this is true it's the greatest day of my life
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
14.04.2007 - 22:04
PyRaMaZe
Account deleted
I love Pyramaze, since Lance King is a great vocalist, but was sad when he left. I haven't heard Matt Barlow's vocals before, so I need to test him out on some tracks,
14.04.2007 - 22:37
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Götter on 14.04.2007 at 18:04

whoa what the heck... I think I must start listening to this band solely because of Barlow's incredible vocals!

Almost the same for me I don't like what I've heard from Pyramaze but Barlow is one of my favourite singers...
14.04.2007 - 23:00
wrathchild
Staff
That's outsandingly awesome!

I wasn't aware the band parted ways with Lance King... Shame on me, I love Pyramaze, a really great band IMO. So when I saw the title of this article I thought "this must be some kind of April Fools joke" but no, it's real. It's fantastic and I'm eager to hear how Matt's voice will fit the band, since his voice is so attached to Iced Earth's style.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.04.2007 - 00:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Am I the only one to think that with his joining, Pyramaze will get a LOT of attention and thus things will become a lot more serious for the band?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.04.2007 - 00:18
ylside
Staff
WHAT THE FUCK.

This is awesome news... I hope he's still as good as he was !! I'll definitly get my hand on the coming Pyramaza releases !
15.04.2007 - 02:16
Storchillarn
Too bad we have to wait about a year for the new album. It's absolutely worth it though. Iced Earth should tour with Pyramaze, would be awesome.
15.04.2007 - 03:07
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Pyramaze are good, the first album is weak though, Barlow should spice things up, my question is, why them? Denmark and USA are far apart, is it just going to be a studio band or something? Like no touring, live acts?
15.04.2007 - 03:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha I've never seen ylside swear before

I think he's gonna make Pyramaze sound soooooo much better. I didn't like their previous vocalist, but I think the music has potential.

Officer Barlow:

15.04.2007 - 05:00
I love Matt Barlow so much, he is the main reason I go so into Iced Earth. I've never given Pyramaze a chance, but I definitely will once he starts recording music with them.
I'm really proud of Matt, he showed he had his head and heart in the right place when he joined the force as a "real job" of supporting his family, and now he's found way to let his solid vocals live on and still maintain a job for his family (as far as i know, I think he's staying with the police force). What confuses me is how he'll record and tour with Pyramaze if they're based in Denmark. I suppose the recording could be done through the net ... but who knows. I cannot wait to hear his voice on a new album again :-) \m/
15.04.2007 - 08:04
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Götter on 14.04.2007 at 18:04

Those are probably the thoughts of a lot of people...

@Nervel: Yes indeed, haha.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
16.04.2007 - 14:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I didnt know this are Danish band
WoW I never had lsiten them , because its not of my type of metal but Matthew Barlow if he will be singer its awsome but still Iced Erath are Iced Earth
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2007 - 14:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wtf? this was unexpected
16.04.2007 - 16:30
AnarChrist
Now this is something.This is news.Wow.
Iced Earth = one of my all time favourite heavy/power metal bands
Pyramaze = one of the best new discoveries
damn epic
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
16.04.2007 - 18:25
Ereinion'
Account deleted
holy shit Matt is back ?
one of the best news ever
01.05.2007 - 02:37
Dam3k
Written by Lucas on 15.04.2007 at 00:04

Am I the only one to think that with his joining, Pyramaze will get a LOT of attention and thus things will become a lot more serious for the band?

No u aren't, same here
----

03.05.2007 - 22:06
RORY
yeah!!!!!!!!!fuck em all!!!!! MATT BARLOW IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
RORY

Hits total: 7700 | This month: 2