Metal Storm logo
Auras

24.05.2006 - 03:04
Daibh
Account deleted
Auras. We've all heard of them, but what are they!? Here are some quick, easy-to-understand definitions taken from the internet:

"An energy field which surrounds living beings. An aura is most often visible only to those born with the skill to see it, or those who developed this ability. A visible aura contains various colors and tells about the spiritual and emotional persona of the plant, human, or creature surrounded by it. An aura can also be felt, heard, or sensed through other means"

"A subtle, luminous energy field radiating within and around the human body as far as 3-7 feet. That part of the aura which surrounds the head is often represented by artists as a nimbus or halo to depict saints and enlightened beings. Though awakened souls have more brilliant and pure auras, everyone has an aura. Seen psychically, the aura is filled with many colors which are reflections of the thoughts and emotions active in the nervous system and change according to the person's state of mind"

"A subtile invisible essence or fluid that emanates from human, animal, and other bodies. It is a psychic effluvium partaking of both the mind and the body, as there is both an electro-vital and at the same time an electro-mental aura; called in Theosophy the Akasic or magnetic aura"

So why did I choose to start a thread dealing with such a specific subject as the aura? Well, I am interested is all. Despite the flak I may recieve for saying so, I can almost see them, aswell. I say almost as I have always doubted myself; my not being entirely certain whether I was interpreting something seperate from my own imagination. But yeah. It is a fascinating field, one which can be found in many schools of thought.

Not to far in the distant past myself and fiance Proud Autumn had our joint auras photographed using a technique called Kirlian Photography. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but basically, we both sat down and held hands over a magnetic plate, then, our picture was taken in regards to the energy flowing around and between us. When it was developed, the most fascinating aspect could be seen as a large violet orb, centered between the two of us at chest level. We were informed that this was our spiritual connection.

In the grander, public scheme of things, auras are more and more being used as a symbol or an interpratation of spiritual awakening on a large scale. You will no doubt have heard of the phenomenon surround the so called "Indigo Child" -described as the current and most advanced stage in human and spiritual development. -The story goes, that certian children seen to possess extra of special intelligance, or indeed special, unusual abilities, are indeed (as far as their souls are concerned) of another orgin that that of Earth. They can be identified by their indigo aura. They are here, it is said, to pave the way for humanity in this new age of awakening, by crushing current social and religious systems, seen to be our stumbling block.

Personally, although I obviously believe in the existance of auras, I'm not yet settled on what I think about the above.

Why not share with myself and the board your views on "indigo children", and, more importantly, auras in general.

Cheers!

P.S. Our computer is really old and slow and really doesn't want to live anymore! The image I have posted above, at least, tried to post above -we cannot view on this machine. Can you guys see it? Do let me know!
24.05.2006 - 06:18
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Well, for the sake of starting up the discussion, I'll talk a little bit about my personal thoughts on Auras.

The first time I had a Kirlian photograph I had just gone through what I consider to be my "spiritual awakening"; I had spent three days in an intensive class learning theory and application of crystal healing. After spending years not knowing what I believed, not knowing whether or not all the things I'd read and heard about were bollocks, I finally experienced it all...I found that I could feel energy, I could communicate with it. And sure enough, my elation appeared in that photograph. I was literally surrounded by a billowing orange and yellow aura, symbolic of creativity and new ideas.

Yeah.

--

I think that auras can appear quite different among those who can see them (I cannot, as of yet, 'see' them, but I can feel them). Recently I have been in a group of people who were psychic, or claimed to be, and no one could agree exactly on the shape and color of a certain aura. Therefore, I have wondered if auras are interactive. There are scores of things that no one knows, ideas that have never been researched, ideas that perhaps we do not have the technology to research but somehow we, with our infinitely complex brains and bodies, can sense better than any machine.

As for the Indigos, I have been told that I am one. I certainly behave in the prescribed pattern much of the time. -I have a temper, known to blow in the form of road rage, especially; I immediately know whether or not to trust a person simply by looking at them; I seek to change systems I find useless and destructive, my favorites being the health care industry and the food industry; I have spent my whole life since childhood looking for the answers and meanings of life.

However I'm quite skeptical of the apocalyptic nature of the assertation: read a book or two concerning indigo or crystal kids and you'll see what I mean. Apparently, according to some, the next few generations will change the face of the world. Sounds like another 2012 prediction to me. But who knows.

Here's a pretty decent website concerning Indigos but there really aren't many - http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifted/indigo/. I'm afraid the physical realm of books is the only place you're going to find good information. Doreen Virtue has written a few that seem to be okay.

Anyway.
24.05.2006 - 11:06
Highlander
Account deleted
Aye, I can see it!
26.05.2006 - 07:17
Icewings
La Luna
Well my dear, I think if you and I met on a place one day ...we will talk the whole night ... Lol I am interested in all the things you are interested and is amazing .. so AWESOME thread ..I always have believed in Auras of course I think is a very crucial part of us because like you explain it tell us many things when you have the ability to see it ...I have seen some but not a lot of times just like twice and is weird Is like one of those states in which you can see things kind of like when you feel dizzy or something I don't know why that's when you can see a lot of things ..so Nice picture and of course I can see it ..It just amazing Thanks for this thread ...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
16.09.2006 - 02:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I doubt Anyone will read this, It's been four months since anyone posted anything on here, but anyway.

I actually can see Auras, But I can't see all the Layers, only the one closest to the Body.
I never went to any school or anything like that, Just lots of meditation and training
in energy play from my father and one of his Friends. If you wanna know how
to Gather energy or see Auras, I suggest the study Of chakras.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.10.2006 - 19:50
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Interesting thread, I've never seen auras, but I've heard some things about them.
One of the most interesting facts is that according to the person and to the state of mind, aura is different, it takes different colours, forms, etc.

I'd like to know more about them, it's a really amazing issue, it also show us how many things we can't see or ignore
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
03.12.2009 - 21:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
I'm currently in the middle of a book about auras. However, I find it difficult to see other people's auras and probably that's because I'm quite new to this stuff and I can't concentrate enough... or it's just not meant for me.
03.12.2009 - 21:41
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Ragana on 03.12.2009 at 21:16

I'm currently in the middle of a book about auras. However, I find it difficult to see other people's auras and probably that's because I'm quite new to this stuff and I can't concentrate enough... or it's just not meant for me.

With enough practice you can do it. It's just very hard to clear your mind. That's a pretty important step. I don't know what book you're reading but Chakra meditation is a good guide to that. It helps you to realize your own energy pathways and so you can relate it back to the auras of others more easily.

Lol, nobody posted on this thread for like, three years till today
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

03.12.2009 - 22:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Looks like that there's nobody interested in these things, that's all. Or there aren't enough people who look over old threads...

Yeah, that might be the start. I'd like to learn how to meditate in general, not only because of aura, it just feels like I could empty myself from unneeded thoughts and stress. Oh boy, that'd be really worthy, so I just guess I'll try to learn it apart from this aura thing.
04.12.2009 - 00:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Ragana on 03.12.2009 at 22:49

Looks like that there's nobody interested in these things, that's all. Or there aren't enough people who look over old threads...

Yeah, that might be the start. I'd like to learn how to meditate in general, not only because of aura, it just feels like I could empty myself from unneeded thoughts and stress. Oh boy, that'd be really worthy, so I just guess I'll try to learn it apart from this aura thing.

That's actually what meditation is widely used for; as a stress reliever ha. But it really can teach you ways of letting go of stigmas which we attatch ourselves to, thus helping to aleviate the suffering we all cause ourselves to go through. Read some Gita, it's good for the soul
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.12.2009 - 06:45
Nexus
Asshat
I've begun meditating again in order to concentrate my thoughts. I'm kind of a scatter brain, so I usually meditate to relax myself and keep myself focused. It's very calming. That, and I'm also using it as a method to change my thoughts in an attempt to let go and mediate my attachment to impermanent things, and to accept and embrace change. It is a difficult thing to do, but meditating definitely helps!
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
13.12.2009 - 04:13
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Do you gys think tis is why Horses only let certain people get close to them, ride or tame them? cause they can see one's Aura? then decide man this dude is wicked or man this dude is pretty I dont lnow not evil. O r why dogs bark at the darkness? or cats follow or look at nothing with theirs heads?