This Toilet Earth
Beyond Hell
Violence has arrived
Carnival of Chaos
Other
Ragnarok

Total votes: 20
02.05.2007 - 22:59
I wasn't sure which forum to post this thread, given the multiple genres that they could be considered, but when I saw Suicidal Tendencies, I thought what the hell. As for the poll, it is the only way I could start a topic before 100 posts
Anyways, it is a surprise to see that the only thing I could find in Metal Storm on GWAR were two reviews. These guys are probably my favorite non-death metal band. The greatest thing about them is that they are able to consistently put out music that isn't exactly the same, but is almost always very solid. I can think of several bands that have four great albums, a few that have five, but GWAR is the only band I can think of with at least six excellent albums.
I own all of their albums except Beyond Hell, which I did not purchase b/c I do not care for War Party. Scumdogs is my favorite, and one of my favorite albums of all time. I don't know whether I would pick Carnival of Chaos, This Toilet Earth, or Ragnarok as my second favorite, as each is very good. Violence has Arrived is also amazing, and had a different sound than the prior albums.

The 'Other' option in the poll includes Hell-o, We Kill Everything, and the live albums. I didn't include those albums because they are less talked about, and I only get nine options.

What do you all think of GWAR?????????
02.05.2007 - 23:20
Damnated
Churchburner
you could have posted this in the metal arena forum...
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.05.2007 - 00:31
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
My favourite Gwar album is definetly Beyond Hell, although many of their albums sound very similair.

As for the band, theyre awsome, theyre my number one band for when im sad or something like that lol (awsome lyrics).
29.06.2007 - 05:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So far Ive only heard War Party, Beyond Hell, and Violence Has Arrived. Out of those I voted War Party. Its the only album I could fully enjoy for some reason, mostly because I have a fun memory of me and some friends putting up the "Vote Gwar-War Party" posters around school right before the school elections, so I guess I have some fun high school memories/sentimental attachments to that album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.01.2009 - 19:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 05:14

So far Ive only heard War Party, Beyond Hell, and Violence Has Arrived. Out of those I voted War Party. Its the only album I could fully enjoy for some reason, mostly because I have a fun memory of me and some friends putting up the "Vote Gwar-War Party" posters around school right before the school elections, so I guess I have some fun high school memories/sentimental attachments to that album.

Man Seriously I mean you should Listen to ''Scumdogs of the Universe''
this album is awesome

Take a look especially to songs like
- The Salaminizer
- Sick of You
- Vlad the Impaler
- Sexecutioner

All crazy songs
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.01.2009 - 23:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guib on 16.01.2009 at 19:34

Written by Doc G. on 29.06.2007 at 05:14

Man Seriously I mean you should Listen to ''Scumdogs of the Universe''
this album is awesome

Take a look especially to songs like
- The Salaminizer
- Sick of You
- Vlad the Impaler
- Sexecutioner

All crazy songs

Man, that was such an old post. Since then I've grown quite indifferent toward Gwar.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.01.2009 - 01:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Beyond Hell is my favorite. All of their other albums are either bad or inconsistent, and while some of their really old albums have their best songs, Beyond Hell is pretty much the only one where I can listen to it all the way through multiple times.
17.01.2009 - 02:07
Written by Dangerboner on 17.01.2009 at 01:37

Beyond Hell is my favorite. All of their other albums are either bad or inconsistent, and while some of their really old albums have their best songs, Beyond Hell is pretty much the only one where I can listen to it all the way through multiple times.

Have you heard Scumdogs or This Toilet Earth? I would consider both to be consistently good throughout.
17.01.2009 - 02:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah I own This Toilet Earth and I've heard a lot from Scumdogs of the Universe. Maybe they just haven't grown on me yet, but like for Toilet, you either have awesome songs or really bad, slow songs, or at least that's what I remember. Man I'm really drunk right now.
27.07.2010 - 14:33
MetalFist
Account deleted
I enjoy America must be destroyed the most.
27.07.2010 - 15:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
America Must Be Destroyed is my favorite. Consistent and has that screwed up GWAR humor that most people like. =P
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.01.2016 - 00:58
Joppe Denton
Steelemeister
"America Must Be Destroyed" currently. Been getting more into "Scumdogs" lately, maybe it even becomes a favorite.
----
My vision is augmented