Metal Storm logo
Nocturnal Depression

03.05.2007 - 01:42
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Has anyone else heard this French suicidal Black Metal band, I recently brought Soundtrack for a Suicide - Opus II and it has to be one of the best albums I've heard from this sub-genre, although the strength of the feeling and emotion from this album makes it to unbearably to listen to, thus I've only been able to listen to it a few times but it's still a brilliant album and a brilliant band, the clean production of the album only adds to the overall depressing atmosphere, this isn't just music it's more than music, it's almost pure emotion (for me anyway).

Tell me what you think of this band?
03.05.2007 - 01:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yes, I know them.

Have heard them a couple of times, but not thoroughly enough to post an opinion here. And I'm sorry, but currently I'm not in the mood. Maybe later tonight, but in any case, I'll be sure to post my opinion here sooner or later.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.05.2007 - 07:49
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
i really enjoy this band its totally suicidal and depressive, two things i love in black metal. Has anyone seen the filmclip to nostalgia on youtube, its a total piece of black metal art.
03.05.2007 - 11:05
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Eh, it's okay. The insturmental aspect is kind of nice, not overly talented but it has the right atmosphere going on, however I don't really care for the vocal's, but I like how their video's and album cover is shot in black & white, I can definitely appreciate the artistic angle.
03.05.2007 - 12:51
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Written by Angel Deformity on 03.05.2007 at 07:49

i really enjoy this band its totally suicidal and depressive, two things i love in black metal. Has anyone seen the filmclip to nostalgia on youtube, its a total piece of black metal art.

Yes, that was how I first listened to them (I was in ICT once and decided to watch "Beyond the Light" and noticed it in the scroll box next to it) after that I decided to purchuse Soundtrack..... (when it became available in the UK).
But yes the video is quite extraordinary it encapsulates the sorrow and despair quite well , one of the best music videos I've seen in a while.
03.05.2007 - 15:49
Damnated
Churchburner
their latest is pretty good. simple and suicidal. this is the positive and the negative side of the band: the simplicity gets really boring after a while.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.05.2007 - 21:21
tulkas
el parcero
I just wtched the videoclip and the 3 songs they have on their myspace site, and I just have to say it's I really liked it a lot, the video is incredible, and the music has a great depressive atmosphere that is hard to find. really great band!!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.05.2007 - 04:35
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
They got me back into the grim atmosphere of BM. Now Im going from the other stuff to more of a slow, dark, distorted black metal, like abaroth.
08.05.2007 - 18:09
Pheo
Hi does anyone know any good distros where i can buy Soundtrack for a Suicide - Opus II by paypal or credict card. I wouid order from the label but the payment options are poor and not worth the risk sending.
08.05.2007 - 19:12
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Written by Pheo on 08.05.2007 at 18:09

Hi does anyone know any good distros where i can buy Soundtrack for a Suicide - Opus II by paypal or credict card. I wouid order from the label but the payment options are poor and not worth the risk sending.

www.supernalmusic.com, it's a English label and will come in 2 days at most (also the official distro in the UK for ND).
08.05.2007 - 21:16
Pheo
No i will look elsewhere supernal music are awful and yes it will come in 2 days at most and most times with a crack in the case or scratched disk. And with the crap that went on with the price of a vinyal overchargeing anywhere else in europe?
09.05.2007 - 20:06
Nocturnum Pestis
Account deleted
Written by Pheo on 08.05.2007 at 21:16

No i will look elsewhere supernal music are awful and yes it will come in 2 days at most and most times with a crack in the case or scratched disk. And with the crap that went on with the price of a vinyal overchargeing anywhere else in europe?

I've had no problems with them myself but fair enough if you do not want to order from there, if you look on ND's myspace blog it has a list of all distros selling Soundtrack, but remember it's limited to 500 copies.
27.01.2009 - 16:27
Pegasus
Recently Nocturnal Depression took their place on the top of my fav bands...they r really great but couldn't find their lyrics anywhere ....
for now their song "The Stars Lightening My Path" is my fav...
btw if u guys interested in Depressive Black u may like "Make A Change...Kill Yourself" and "Thy Light"....
----
Still I dream but now I know I dream a lie...so I close my eyes and I die...
29.01.2009 - 04:51
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Pegasus on 27.01.2009 at 16:27

Recently Nocturnal Depression took their place on the top of my fav bands...they r really great but couldn't find their lyrics anywhere ....
for now their song "The Stars Lightening My Path" is my fav...
btw if u guys interested in Depressive Black u may like "Make A Change...Kill Yourself" and "Thy Light"....

yep, their lyrics apparently can't be found. i've just seen the lyrics for nostalgia on their myspace site in one of their blogs, i don't know if they have posted some more. with bands like this it is good to be able to find the lyrics 'cause one can't really make out what they're saying most of the time.
if you find more, lemme know
----
20.04.2009 - 14:29
Glabrezu
Nocturnal Depression is one of my favourite bands at the moment, i saw them live 2 times in Italy and they were fantastic. They can create really depressive atmospheres through haunting riffs, and the vocals are great too. At the concert I bought their last cd "Reflections of a sad soul" , but my favourite one is "Opus II - Soundtrack for a Suicide".
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
21.04.2009 - 13:10
thyfuneral
Account deleted
Yes, nocturnal depression is one of my favorite SBM, their music is very depressive, and the ambiance is very sick and gray....
21.04.2009 - 15:52
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Glabrezu on 20.04.2009 at 14:29

Nocturnal Depression is one of my favourite bands at the moment, i saw them live 2 times in Italy and they were fantastic. They can create really depressive atmospheres through haunting riffs, and the vocals are great too. At the concert I bought their last cd "Reflections of a sad soul" , but my favourite one is "Opus II - Soundtrack for a Suicide".

cool! i'v just seen videos of them live and it does look very nice. but it's still difficult to notice how the atmosphere is. has to be really good
----
21.04.2009 - 18:22
TheBigRossowski
Hmmm... haven't checked them out, but could be something to put on El Duderino's list of things to do. Pensees Nocturnes means 'Nocturnal Thoughts'...which is too uncomfortably similar in these days. The usefulness of other languages. I've also wondered why bands from the states or other lands use names in other languages when they're not from that country. Not a big deal or anything...just weird.

Nachtmystium!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.04.2009 - 22:21
Glabrezu
Written by tulkas on 21.04.2009 at 15:52

Written by Glabrezu on 20.04.2009 at 14:29

cool! i'v just seen videos of them live and it does look very nice. but it's still difficult to notice how the atmosphere is. has to be really good

They are very impressive with face painting, and Lord Lokrhead's voice is like a razor.
My friend recorded the video for the song Fjaer (Spring), I see it every day
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
09.09.2009 - 07:10
Immortal
Written by [user id=283] on 03.05.2007 at 01:42

Has anyone else heard this French suicidal Black Metal band, I recently brought Soundtrack for a Suicide - Opus II and it has to be one of the best albums I've heard from this sub-genre, although the strength of the feeling and emotion from this album makes it to unbearably to listen to, thus I've only been able to listen to it a few times but it's still a brilliant album and a brilliant band, the clean production of the album only adds to the overall depressing atmosphere, this isn't just music it's more than music, it's almost pure emotion (for me anyway).

Tell me what you think of this band?

I've heard a couple of their songs on depressive black metal compliations on youtube but nothing more than that. The album you mentioned sounds pretty good though, what other bands are on it?
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
09.09.2009 - 10:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I was really very excited with "Four Seasons To Depression" 2006 demo ("Pista 1" is such a great track), but other music by them i didnt like that much
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep