Metal Storm logo
Acoustic guitarists-songs you love to play

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 30.05.2006 - 21:26
This is a theread for you guys who own and play an acoustic guitar.I have a romanian guitar...a very good one : "Hora"...I'd like to find out which are the most ejoyed songs by you guys to be played on your acoustic guitar...i play mainly romanian folk or rock songs, but from the international repertoire, i enjoy very much playing, Guns'n'Roses-Don't cry, Pink Floyd-Green is the colour, John Lennon-Working Class hero, Bruce Dickinson-Navigate the seas of sun, Terry Jacks-Seasons in the sun, and many others ...well..your turn
18.12.2006 - 18:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Remus on 01.12.2006 at 21:41

"Roulette" by System of a Down. It's rather easy and it has a pretty cool little solo. "Imperial" from Hammerfall is rather easy as well. Hey, the other day i tabbed out "Desteapta-te Romane" on acoustic. I thought i was gonna be all cool en use samples of it in one of my songs but it turns out Amala beat me to it. Have u heard of this band, the song is called "Romanie hai".

wtf?? you're romanian?
and i'm surprised to see that only 1 guy mentioned the bard's song(in the forest)..dammit that song is pure genius!! i can't do the "good" version and sing at the same time because it's abnormally technical for a "bard song", but i use this cool chord progression.
03.02.2007 - 18:49
Remus
Written by Valentin B on 18.12.2006 at 18:20

wtf?? you're romanian?
and i'm surprised to see that only 1 guy mentioned the bard's song(in the forest)..dammit that song is pure genius!! i can't do the "good" version and sing at the same time because it's abnormally technical for a "bard song", but i use this cool chord progression.

yeah, i was born there... the bard's song is pretty cool, i actually wanted to learn it for some time now - i'll get the tabs and check out how hard it is to play and sing in the same time
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.02.2007 - 17:39
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I love to play:
Blind Guardian - Lord Of The Rings
Metallica - Mama said
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Iced Earth - Watching Over Me
Iced Earth - Solitude
Ben Moody - Everything Burns
Nightwish - Higher Than Hope

and a lot of other songs but these are the only ones on my mind right now
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
07.03.2007 - 17:14
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well 99% I play electric guitar, but sometimes it just comes to me, and I get my acustic guitar and play for a while... Right now I like to play 2 songs from an Tech. Death band PsychoparadoX , (but those songs are definitelly not death metal ) they are both instrumentals, very easy but interesting IMO. I made gp4 tabs for those songs , so if someone's interested, I'll send it to you.
----
14.03.2007 - 17:17
Lord TJ
The only acoustic song I know how to play is Dee by Randy Rhoads. I could learn more but I never think about it.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
24.10.2007 - 05:08
Apollyon
Account deleted
Phunkdified by Justin King it really helps
26.10.2007 - 21:54
Lord TJ
I also forgot, I also know how to play the theme song to M*A*S*H.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.10.2007 - 23:16
Stalker
Lone wanderer
At The Gates - Into The Dead Sky. Try it, its awesome, and not very easy for the first time....
----
27.10.2007 - 00:36
slowdeathchick
okay dont laugh... I will actually play "Brass In Pocket", "Time after Time" and "Addicted To Love". They're all songs I grew up listening to and they're some of the first songs I learned to play so they're kind of like "warm up songs" for me when Im just goofin around.
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
12.11.2007 - 14:09
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Wilder Wein by Rammstein and Lappi I and IV from Nightwish, my favourites.
----
11.12.2007 - 01:22
Varegan
Hamranakara
the bards song (blind guardian)
the abyss (sepultura)
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.01.2008 - 03:52
RockeRoy
In flames- acoustic meddley and any acoustic songs ore parts by Opeth! yeah and the first version of Slipknots "Gently" from their "Mate, feed, kill, repeat" album i can't stand Slipknot, but that song is pretty cool
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
17.01.2008 - 08:15
Forged Soul
Music Theory Bot
Elite
al di meola - Mediterranean sundance, i always have to play those licks when i pick up and acoustic, i can't help it as well the metal acoustic classics.

working on a Sergio Assad tune, called farewell
----
You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream
-Frank Zappa

There are no trolls in my ivory tower!
19.01.2008 - 00:25
Alex Smith
Bruce Dickinson's "Arc Of Space"
24.01.2008 - 00:59
Hellsing
When the Eagle Cries = Iced Earth
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
24.01.2008 - 13:23
MrLee
Account deleted
Links 234 - Rammstein
Blood and Thunder - Mastodon (key changed)
I am Ahab - Mastodon (key changed)
Master Of Puppets - Metallica (I can only do this because I have an ovation with ebony fretboard that plays like an electric)
Unforgiven - Metallica
24.01.2008 - 14:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Nightwish-Lappi I-eramaarjavi
-Once upon a Troubadour
Demons and Wizards-Fiddler on the Green
Judas Priest-Diamonds and Rust
CCR-Proud Mary
(not completely) Iced Earth-Ghost of Freedom
29.08.2009 - 12:59
Here's my list. Most of it is accompanied by me singing even though I can neither sing nor muster the balls to sing in front of people without being so amazingly drunk that I can barely pick up a guitar and play, but yeah.. do it on my own for shits and gigs - its amazing fun.

Alice in Chains - Brother, Got Me Wrong, Rooster, Down In a Hole (downtuned)
NIN - Hurt, Right Where It Belongs (tabbed that myself and am quietly proud of it)
Live - Lightning Crashes (again with the singing thing)
Metallica - Turn The Page
Opeth - Harvest (because why not)
REM - Losing My Religion
Weezer/The Band - The Weight
Tool - Sober (kinda minimal at the mo, need to harmonize chords etc)
Ashes Divide - Too Late (work in progress. Pretty fucking annoying too)

Want to do The Hollow as well, plus any given NIN song - they're ripe for it. Also the songs from Seether's acoustic album would be great, but I can't even pretend that my voice is that awesome.

Also, really did not expect to find this thread on a metal forum...
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
26.11.2009 - 05:21
whatsacow
Hessian Peel - Opeth
Normal - Porcupine Tree
Coil - Opeth
Ki - Devin Townsend
Sanitarium (Welcome Home) - Metallica. (Ok, not technically accoustic, but its kickass when you play it on acoustic.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.11.2009 - 06:31
Archetype
Just recently started playing some Agalloch stuff by ear. Sounds great and it's not too complex either.

I think I should play my acoustic more...
30.12.2009 - 01:27
T_s_T
I love playing acoustic guitar now and then on a lazy Sunday.Usually I play mostly classical stuff like Crepuscolo sul mare or fragments of Asturias, but most of the times I like to goof around and improvise, maybe even invent melodies...
30.12.2009 - 04:12
I am really keen to find a 7 string acoustic guitar. I think it would be epic enough to outweigh the annoyance of stretching one's fingers that much extra, but I'm not sure if its going to be worth the cost.

Wondering if anyone here has one or has had one and what their opinions are on them. I live in NZ and to find one is going to be a mission...
----
02.01.2010 - 02:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Entropic Silence on 30.12.2009 at 04:12

I am really keen to find a 7 string acoustic guitar. I think it would be epic enough to outweigh the annoyance of stretching one's fingers that much extra, but I'm not sure if its going to be worth the cost.

Wondering if anyone here has one or has had one and what their opinions are on them. I live in NZ and to find one is going to be a mission...

as far as i know 7 string acoustics used to be popular in Russia so i guess that's a place to start..

btw i do the acoustic+singing bit myself too, almost got me laid once(either i wasn't drunk enough or the girl wasn't hot enough)
current favorite songs:
-cancion del mariachi
-UFO - doctor doctor(i love soloing in the intro, i know most of the solo and i like to put my mark on it here and there, a shame the song gets too repetitive after that)
-metallica - nothing else matters
-frankie miller - jealousy (criminally unknown song, absolutely killer)
-scorpions - when the smoke is going down

i know quite a few others too though, like La Bamba and Don't Worry Be Happy(insanely fun, you have no idea how fun it is to improvise the lyrics to these 2 songs when the lyrics end), or Don't Cry from Guns n Roses, though i don't really like that song too much.

want to acousticize and learn in order to make the hot girls moist and longing for artistic growth :
-kiss - black diamond
-wasp - the idol
-blue oyster cult - don't fear the reaper
-blind guardian - nightfall
-lionel ritchie - hello
-scorpions - coming home
-queensryche - hand on heart
-accept - amamos la vida
-dream theater - space dye vest(by far the most difficult of the list)
-hammerfall - glory to the brave
-demons and wizards - fiddler on the green(one of my favorite songs of all time, if i learn to play it and sing along before i die i'll die a happy man)
20.01.2010 - 01:02
Megadethfaun
Iv been learning
Every rose has its thorn - Poison
Nothing else matters - Metallica
Horse with no name - America
All are preaty easy songs =D
25.01.2010 - 09:05
Written by Valentin B on 02.01.2010 at 02:39

btw i do the acoustic+singing bit myself too, almost got me laid once(either i wasn't drunk enough or the girl wasn't hot enough)

-queensryche - hand on heart

Actually a good song would be The Lady wore black... might give that a go...
----