Metal Storm logo
Fun, Personal Favorite Songs

19.02.2022 - 17:34
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Do you have songs that are your personal favorites but aren't "objectively" the best songs on the album?

For example, on Painkiller the song that I always incredibly enjoy is "Leather Rebel", even though the title track is the best song. Similarly, I love "Bad Omen" even though "My Last Words" is probably the best song on Peace Sells...but Who's Buying?.

What are some personal favorite songs you love because they're so fun to listen to even though they might not be the best?
20.02.2022 - 00:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
What do you mean? If it's your favorite it's the best song, lol
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.02.2022 - 00:26
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Karlabos on 20.02.2022 at 00:13

What do you mean? If it's your favorite it's the best song, lol

The difference is the "best" song I find more nuanced, well-structured, and overall epic. The "favorite" song I like because it's simply fun - not thought-provoking, not a work of art, just fun!
20.02.2022 - 00:32
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
I agree with Karla, a "fun" song might not be as impressive as an epic nuanced track, but if you take more enjoyment out of it then it's the best one on the album.
31.08.2022 - 16:52
Metal Rasputin
One of my all time favourite fun metal songs is Take This Torch by Razor. It's pretty short, but intense as hell and the insane screaming vocals by the one and only Sheepdog McLaren kick me in the nuts every time I listen to it. I once wrote that if I ever needed to introduce speed or thrash metal to aliens from outer space I would play them that song, it's all there.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!