Metal Storm logo
Jorn Lande

05.06.2006 - 16:29
SteTech
Jorn Lande is one of my favourite vocalists. I first heard him in Masterplan, and have loved his voice since. I decided to look into all the other bands he's been in, including his solo band Jorn and his collaboration with Symphony X's Russell Allen, The Battle, which is one of my fave albums. Another band which caught my attention was Millenium, who are very unknown
05.06.2006 - 19:58
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Oh man... Jorn

I loved his work in Masterplan and Beyond Twilight and now I have one of his solo albums: Out to Every Nation. This man is seriously talented, although there seems to be a love/hate mentality among most metallers. After hearing Out to Every Nation, though, my faith in him in confirmed. Not only does he rock in the company of other great musicians but he rocks all by himself!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.06.2006 - 03:49
MetalSpider
Jorn is awesome. His best work is with Masterplan and Beyond Twilight. The solo albums are pretty good...from the ones Ive heard.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.06.2006 - 20:09
Baz Anderson
Staff
he is one of my favorites as well. i love the guy
the Masterplan albums are fantastic and the Ark albums are brilliant as well - its a shame there only is two Ark albums
-theres more Masterplan to come, but not with Jørn

i have only heard one of his own solo bands albums 'Out To Every Nation' and i thought it was ok - but it needs more listens for me to appreciate it
08.06.2006 - 15:25
BlankFile
Oh My... Jorn has left Masterplan... What a shame man! The guy is a wonderfull singer! What is to become of Masterplan without Jorn? I wonder... Hope Masterplan can find an awsome singer aswell to cover the sad leaving of Jorn Lande. \m/
13.06.2006 - 02:34
Mariusz
Account deleted
I think that there is one more of Jorn solo project. The album's called "The Battle" and Jorn is singing there with Russell Allen from Symphony X. For me this album isn't metal, isn't good. It's a little mistake. Sorry but Jorn has disappointed me there, because his work on the Beyond Twilight's "The Devil's Hall Of Fame" was so great to me. I've hope he'll return one day to this dark progressive type of singing.
13.06.2006 - 19:23
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by [user id=8790] on 13.06.2006 at 02:34

I think that there is one more of Jorn solo project. The album's called "The Battle" and Jorn is singing there with Russell Allen from Symphony X. For me this album isn't metal, isn't good. It's a little mistake. Sorry but Jorn has disappointed me there, because his work on the Beyond Twilight's "The Devil's Hall Of Fame" was so great to me. I've hope he'll return one day to this dark progressive type of sing.

The battle is a very original work, awesome, but jorn lande is in my way of think, one of many voclaist...so his power is provided by the muscians around him, mr Roland Grapow one of them
15.06.2006 - 00:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
i watched an advert on youtube with Jorn in it a couple of days ago. hahaha. its funny
here is the link if anyone want to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9C4VOV-KPI
15.06.2006 - 01:46
Dam3k
Well... I really haven't listened to much stuff by this man but the few I listened to I didn't specially enjoyed, he's ok, he has good vocals but IMO his music isn't catchy or... just... dunno, I miss something =)
----

15.06.2006 - 12:32
SteTech
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2006 at 00:28

i watched an advert on youtube with Jorn in it a couple of days ago. hahaha. its funny
here is the link if anyone want to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9C4VOV-KPI

I have that on my computer from the old MetalStorm, hilarious!
15.06.2006 - 17:50
Daru Jericho
Heehee, I remember that video!

Jorn Lande is a great vocalist. I love his Masterplan and Ark works best. However, I was a little let down by the Allen/Lande project. Shame he left Masterplan. I would have loved to have seen him play with them live.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.06.2006 - 18:53
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I've never heard any of Ark's work. What album do you recommend I start with?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
15.06.2006 - 19:54
Daru Jericho
Written by Susan on 15.06.2006 at 18:53

I've never heard any of Ark's work. What album do you recommend I start with?

They've only got 2 albums but I think Burn The Sun is slightly better than the self-titled.
----

17.06.2006 - 14:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes - 'Burn The Sun' is definatly more accessible - and i think it is better anyway
i baught both of them from the internet a while ago and i am glad i did!
they are both fantastic albums, but the second album 'Burn The Sun' is definatly better
17.06.2006 - 18:11
Conundrum
Account deleted
I love Jorn Lande, his voice is phenomenal, but it's such a shame that he sticks with cheese outfits like Masterplan. If he was in a progressive band, I'd die happy. Still, his voice is enough to make me like just about anything, and him dancing around in pink is enough to make me want to go to Denmark just to shop at Coop Prix.
17.06.2006 - 22:36
Baz Anderson
Staff
'cheese outfits'?? are you the sort of person that think all power metal bands are 'cheesy' and stupid then?
18.06.2006 - 02:46
Daru Jericho
Ark is a prog band.
----

18.06.2006 - 22:03
SteTech
Written by [user id=3838] on 17.06.2006 at 18:11

I love Jorn Lande, his voice is phenomenal, but it's such a shame that he sticks with cheese outfits like Masterplan. If he was in a progressive band, I'd die happy. Still, his voice is enough to make me like just about anything, and him dancing around in pink is enough to make me want to go to Denmark just to shop at Coop Prix.

I hate to correct people, but 1. The guy in pink is not Jorn, he is the blonde dude you see checking out the pan in the beginning of the commercial, and 2. The advert is Norwegian, like Jorn
25.07.2006 - 05:45
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
i recommend one very strange work that i didn't knew, is the metal opera: Nostradamus. He takes part on the story as an inquisitor.
26.07.2006 - 02:07
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
The only bad thing I can say about him is that his band Masterplan must have been retarded to let him go.
I know they wanted to go back to their first album, but that was generic power metal album that links up to the Karate Kid as Darkside of the Moon hooks up to Wizard of Oz. They just kept the bad lyrics, but Aeronuatics is an amazing album considering what a mess of cheese and lameness the first one was. Now we'll never see Grapow and Uli in a good band since Helloween did Better Than Raw.

Jorn was the only thing that made this band listenable. Now they'll probably have someone like Michael Kiske. Which is probably the case since they wanted Kiske as their vocalist all along.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
08.08.2006 - 03:10
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha we'll just have to see who does actually replace him
Michael Kiske 'doesnt do metal' anymore does he... haha
we'll see
09.08.2006 - 16:48
pajo
Account deleted
Dont blame me, but I have seen Masterplan one month ago and I do not think, that Jorn is such a good vocalist. The true is that Masterplan was playing after David Coverdale's Whitsnake so it was very hard to keep the crowd, but I still think that Jorn is overrated.
I know a lot of better vocalists than Lande. But thats just my opinion
09.08.2006 - 22:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
maybe he is one of those that sounds better in the studio then live?
09.08.2006 - 22:56
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by [user id=4451] on 09.08.2006 at 16:48

Dont blame me, but I have seen Masterplan one month ago and I do not think, that Jorn is such a good vocalist. The true is that Masterplan was playing after David Coverdale's Whitsnake so it was very hard to keep the crowd, but I still think that Jorn is overrated.

Jorn was still in Masterplan 1 month ago? I remember hearing that he left back in the springtime.

Maybe you saw a replacement and not Jorn. I doubt he'd still be performing with them after he left the band.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
10.08.2006 - 03:53
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Jorn is an awesome vocalist,and I love the sound of his voice. He was very good with Beyond Twilight,ARK,Masterplan,unfortunately he likes to keep the suitcase packed and cant just seem to stay in a band. I really hope he will stay with a band.
10.08.2006 - 09:41
pajo
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 09.08.2006 at 22:56

Written by [user id=4451] on 09.08.2006 at 16:48

Jorn was still in Masterplan 1 month ago? I remember hearing that he left back in the springtime.

Maybe you saw a replacement and not Jorn. I doubt he'd still be performing with them after he left the band.

Actually it was Jorn. Masterplan played on this fest www.mastersofrock.cz on 14.7.2006. I saw him sitting 2 meters in front of me during autograph session and I am sure it was him not his replacement
10.08.2006 - 09:47
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
@pajo - you're so lucky...
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
27.01.2007 - 04:04
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I just get the disc "The Duke" and is amazing!!! very hard rock!!!!
15.05.2007 - 12:34
High and Mighty
Account deleted
I'm really sorry Jorn left Masterplan, one of my fav bands... Masterplan is not Masterplan without him and Uli...
His voice is wonderful, power metal but still so manly
23.06.2007 - 03:19
Opium
Account deleted
I recently checked out his whole discography, I must admit, the vocals are quite unique and memorable. He's given me something to definitely look forward to in the future, along with the other projects of his mentioned here.