Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Launch New Track

"The Magic Of The Grave" is the title of the newest 8-minute long music piece from Burzum. You can now give it a listen via YouTube player down under.

Source: twitter.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 21.04.2024 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 206 users
22.04.2024 - 07:02
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
“The Magic Of Increasing Irrelevance”
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.04.2024 - 08:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Oh boy, may be another Drama of the year contender. I can't wait for this thread to blow up.
22.04.2024 - 08:55
Saturno
Magic of tthe grave he peed on?
22.04.2024 - 09:24
Saturno
Metalsorm advertising the killer man who said he did not feel guilty for killing, and said he peed on the grave of the man he killed. He served his sentence but if he did not say these words it was ok maybe. But he said and you can not adveritse these kind of people here. This man is a killer fascist.
22.04.2024 - 10:05
baldur
Written by Saturno on 22.04.2024 at 09:24

Metalsorm advertising the killer man who said he did not feel guilty for killing, and said he peed on the grave of the man he killed. He served his sentence but if he did not say these words it was ok maybe. But he said and you can not adveritse these kind of people here. This man is a killer fascist.

Yeah man i agree! How comes that all those nazi shit bands are banned here but not Varg? Hypocrisy much ??
22.04.2024 - 10:20
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Every time again ...

We have said countless times that it is not immediately easy to draw a line. Our line right now is "does the music deal with themes we ban?" Which in the case of Burzum is clearly not the case.
We also keep saying that this is a living code and we will revisit it constantly and re-think our stance. There are several forum posts and news pieces for you to refer to before crying "Hypocrisy".

Obviously we still won't give a piece of shit like him a platform, but this is the news section. It is reporting. We report on the fact that a band released a new song. That is neither advertising nor platforming.
----
22.04.2024 - 10:36
Chidder
Written by baldur on 22.04.2024 at 10:05

Yeah man i agree! How comes that all those nazi shit bands are banned here but not Varg? Hypocrisy much ??

If MS gives a ban to Varg because he acts like/is an asshole, this opens the way to then censor artists or bands that, for example, have different political views. With his music, Varg is not breaking any law.
22.04.2024 - 11:57
VileVick-Bryant
Well catchy little riffs on this, sounds like the perfect music to have in the background while playing some board game. Maybe Magic: The Gathering, or maybe the racist board game Varg made. lol
22.04.2024 - 13:03
SamuelYK
This is horrible music, he should be sentenced for this
22.04.2024 - 15:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I heard he doesn't like cats or dogs either.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.04.2024 - 16:40
Claudric
Well, if MS stops advertising for every band that did something reprehensible, there will not be much left of the current top 100.
22.04.2024 - 17:03
Metren
Dreadrealm
This genre is supersaturated AF. And I don't mean atmospheric black metal or ambient. I mean this particular track's genre. For the few uninitiated out there, the genre is called milk metal. From Wikipedia:

Milk metal (sometimes stylized as mjölka metal) is a subgenre of expiration-date-exceeded metal that combines elements of not caring about bass guitar with elements of not caring about writing more than two riffs for an 8-minute song. Milk metal often features "absolutely nothing interesting" and frequently makes use of the "whatever" and "what's the fucking point" guitar techniques. Many milk metal vocalists use the approach of boring the listener to tears with monotony and repetitive phrasing to create the genre's completely indistinct sound and feel. Milk metal got its name from a quote by the guitarist of the band Past Your Eyes, who once proclaimed: "Now watch me milk this one riff until the cows come home."
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.04.2024 - 17:06
VileVick-Bryant
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.04.2024 at 15:13

I heard he doesn't like cats or dogs either.

Giga evil even Hitler liked Dogs and cats. guurrr! raor!
22.04.2024 - 17:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Chidder on 22.04.2024 at 10:36

Written by baldur on 22.04.2024 at 10:05

If MS gives a ban to Varg because he acts like/is an asshole, this opens the way to then censor artists or bands that, for example, have different political views. With his music, Varg is not breaking any law.

Lately on MS, some soft peeps have the habit of overreacting. I did mention on SB that I miss those days when it use to have an open debate with justification much better than we see nowadays. It is very cringe now.
22.04.2024 - 17:36
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by Metren on 22.04.2024 at 17:03

This genre is supersaturated AF. And I don't mean atmospheric black metal or ambient. I mean this particular track's genre. For the few uninitiated out there, the genre is called milk metal. From Wikipedia:

Milk metal (sometimes stylized as mjölka metal) is a subgenre of expiration-date-exceeded metal that combines elements of not caring about bass guitar with elements of not caring about writing more than two riffs for an 8-minute song. Milk metal often features "absolutely nothing interesting" and frequently makes use of the "whatever" and "what's the fucking point" guitar techniques. Many milk metal vocalists use the approach of boring the listener to tears with monotony and repetitive phrasing to create the genre's completely indistinct sound and feel. Milk metal got its name from a quote by the guitarist of the band Past Your Eyes, who once proclaimed: "Now watch me milk this one riff until the cows come home."

First new Wintersun, now new Burzum... Watch out, (in)famous metal musicians of the world, Metren is coming for you with his savage AF roasts!
22.04.2024 - 18:01
nikarg
Staff
Written by Metren on 22.04.2024 at 17:03

22.04.2024 - 19:56
Zyk
I kind of liked the song.
22.04.2024 - 20:03
A Real Mönkey
Written by SamuelYK on 22.04.2024 at 13:03

Gonna get the chair, for sure.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
23.04.2024 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Oh boy, sounds like low educated second job workers for half price project to be able pay booze bills due low incomes by half main job
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2024 - 19:43
no one
Glad he's gone back to that dreamy hypnotic repetitive
bellus fallen sound (sorry going to have to totally disagree with you Metren) though this ones sound quality is terrible compared.
----
Unable to connect to the database
23.04.2024 - 21:17
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by no one on 23.04.2024 at 19:43

Glad he's gone back to that dreamy hypnotic repetitive
bellus fallen sound (sorry going to have to totally disagree with you Metren) though this ones sound quality is terrible compared.

The song doesn’t sound complete to me. I don’t consider the riffs to be poorly written, they’re quite pleasant. But the guitar, drums, and vocals all have varying levels of reverb and there’s no bass that I can discern. No matter what he was aiming for, that approach doesn’t create a decent result. If a beginner artist made this song, I would commend them on the riffs and provide additional constructive criticism. But this is Burzum and Varg’s amateurishness here is inexcusable, at least in my eyes.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
25.04.2024 - 22:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Man, this is fucking boring. And I'm of those who is kind of ok with the first post-jail albums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.05.2024 - 09:32
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by SamuelYK on 22.04.2024 at 13:03

Since his prison albums are my favourite Burzum albums, I agree he should be locked back up.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 3723 | This month: 180