08. Harder They Fall
09. Know Her Name
10. Bag O' Bones

Additional info
Released via Nuclear Blast

Staff review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Releasing a metal album the same day as Metallica is brave. Releasing a thrash metal album the same day as Metallica is crazy.

Read more ››
published 23.04.2023 | Comments (3)

Found in 41 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 32   Visited by: 588 users
28.01.2023 - 03:11
Rating: 8
Ball Fondlers
I love the cover! Probably their best for a while, less hyper green
22.02.2023 - 10:25
Jaro
Written by Ball Fondlers on 28.01.2023 at 03:11

I love the cover! Probably their best for a while, less hyper green

To me it just looks like a regular Overkill cover but pissed on and on fire. Which to be fair I do find entertaining.
22.02.2023 - 10:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Best cover was on ''feel The Fire'' album, well it stands out from others anyway.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2023 - 00:33
Jaro
It's good fun😃
14.04.2023 - 13:28
Tom Muller
Excellent album as usual
----
Can you see it
14.04.2023 - 18:53
Bjamm
Fun album as always.
14.04.2023 - 20:02
Rating: 9
Zariel
Another future classic old-school thrash masterpiece by the living legends Overkill!
14.04.2023 - 21:14
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
I've no idea how they manage to do it on their 20th album, but they fucking do.
14.04.2023 - 21:16
bang7777
What a great album, their groove riffs are truly fun mixed with that thrash/punk attitude they have
14.04.2023 - 22:02
JoHn Doe
A generous 8 for the new album, well done!
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
15.04.2023 - 14:38
terroriser
Same problem like with every other Overkill album: vocals. I can't help it I just don't like Ellsworths singing. Out of huge respect i got for the band I won't rate it
----
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4i2hn2aUeKBtxzw8UN2EML?si=_gXZwweyShiek4Dmk5UzpA
15.04.2023 - 16:56
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Great album, tremendous riffs, phenomenal drumming, great vocals, and so much speed, ferocity, and energy. Unsurprisingly one of the best thrash releases of the year, I'm so glad this band has been able to keep it up after all these years.
16.04.2023 - 16:34
Blackcrowe
Every Album of this band its awesome especially in the last years
----
Maybe as his eyes are wide.
17.04.2023 - 11:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This band has put many better albums out, but this is special one, even mighty Iron Maiden has not released 20 albums. This mile stone is huge , but then again, they did not pit out album out because of do, after listening I like it, it has that 80's TM party mood, good balanced album, more I listen more I like.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.04.2023 - 11:58
nikarg
Staff
Every Overkill album since Ironbound has the same sound, more or less, so it all comes down to how good the songs are to differentiate one from another. I feel that Scorched is one of the better releases, of these last 13 years; there are a lot of songs I like here. And I absolutely love Bobby's vocals and D.D.'s bass, as always. Of course, they will never put out something as grand as any of the Gustafson albums, but they do release wholly respectable stuff after so many years, which is truly commendable.

"Won't Be Comin' Back"
17.04.2023 - 16:30
Tom Muller
The highly underrated overkill never disapoints. Strongest album since electric age.
----
Can you see it
17.04.2023 - 17:52
A Real Mönkey
Seconded on it being best since The Electric Age. They’ve been uninspired on the last few but this is definitely a step back on track.

Comin’ Home is a banger.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
17.04.2023 - 23:59
bang7777
It's a long year hopefully it wins thrash album of the year
19.04.2023 - 13:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Holy bonkers! that was one hell of a ride.

This must be rolling in thousands of "Extreme Metal Workout" playlists.

I need to hurt my neck more.
20.04.2023 - 12:22
HyperDrifter
Written by Tom Muller on 17.04.2023 at 16:30

The highly underrated overkill never disapoints. Strongest album since electric age.

I do not think they are underrated at all but overrated

I am curious about this album since it is in top 20 but Bobby's vocals always such a huge turn away for me personally.
20.04.2023 - 12:32
JoHn Doe
Written by HyperDrifter on 20.04.2023 at 12:22

I don't think they're either underrated or overrated
Underrated? They are well known and they are one of the most respected bands around.
Overrated? They deserve all the appreciation and love they get.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.04.2023 - 20:18
Stormm
Written by JoHn Doe on 20.04.2023 at 12:32

Written by HyperDrifter on 20.04.2023 at 12:22

I don't think their either underrated or overrated
Underrated? They are well known and they are one of the most respected bands around.
Overrated? They deserve all the appreciation and love they get.

I don't like this "overrated/underated" comments. It became pointless and senseless, because you can find it basically under every album. Look, big name, big band, kinda overrated. And hey, band that almost nobody knows, but I like them, they must be unerrated!
24.04.2023 - 03:31
mikeprado30
Under/overrated terms are used just by a entitled viewpoint.

Loved so much this album. Great performance of those guys, and a very polished production.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
27.04.2023 - 22:16
Rating: 7
AndreMarcos
A little bloated, but in the age of streaming is kind of to be expected...
29.04.2023 - 21:06
MahoDM
Dumbass
This already looks like a better year for thrash metal than 22'
23.05.2023 - 18:51
metalbrat
Its an 8/10/album but one less for vocals. Thats one thing i hate in them.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
03.06.2023 - 22:43
Metren
Dreadrealm
It surprised me to see the new Enforced rated higher than this one. Both albums are quality releases, but I like this one way more. Enforced aren’t exactly a new band, but I feel Overkill has the ability that seasoned bands in the genre usually develop (the better bands anyway); they can put those delicious tempo changes that make the best of thrash enjoyable AF into their songs in a slightly more organic way. I came very close to rating this a 9.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
08.07.2023 - 03:38
tintinb
I normally don't like overkill albums but I liked this one. It has some quality songs. My personal favourite being the surgeon.
----
Leeches everywhere.
02.09.2023 - 07:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well, I took my sweet time to listen to this album, because quite frankly since Ironbound and The Electric Age, Overkill hasn't managed to impress me much. It's not that the music is bad by any means, it's just nothing special anymore to me... I feel like it is stuck and I'd rather spin their older stuff.

With all the positive comments and reviews I really thought this album would re-ignite the flame. But honestly, not really. Once again, it's alright, it's Overkill, but the formula remained sensibly the same for the past 13 years and it doesn't move me much. I really don't see myself coming back to this album.

Now, here's the bucket of rocks, you can throw 'em I don't care.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
02.09.2023 - 13:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 02.09.2023 at 07:11

I feel like it is stuck and I'd rather spin their older stuff.

I don't think folks might care about moving away from typical-branded Overkill sound. I don't think anyone will be looking forward in the future for originality here when it comes to classic acts such as Overkill, Municipal Waste where folks enjoy records to "shred, headbang to riffs and have fun".

Overkill has influenced barrages of modern thrash bands yet none have ever come close to overcoming Overkill music.

So, have fun.

Hits total: 9189 | This month: 37