Additional info
Released via Season of Mist.

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 23   Visited by: 238 users
31.03.2024 - 12:51
terroriser
Saoirse sounds great but I find it absolutely hilarious that Greek black metal band wrote song about Irish pagan king. I can't listen to it and not chuckle
----
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4i2hn2aUeKBtxzw8UN2EML?si=_gXZwweyShiek4Dmk5UzpA
31.03.2024 - 15:51
Rating: 6
TheStygianOne
Bro have you listened to their previous 3 albums before saying that?...Eversince "Kata ton daimona eaytou" they have been writing song about various cultures around the globe.
31.03.2024 - 19:31
terroriser
Written by TheStygianOne on 31.03.2024 at 15:51

Bro have you listened to their previous 3 albums before saying that?...Eversince "Kata ton daimona eaytou" they have been writing song about various cultures around the globe.

Of course I did. Did not like any of it but I listened to it. I very much prefer older albums. I wonder if they still got enough of steam after all those years to make tracks like Sign of Evil Existence or Rege Diabolicus?

For some strange reason this single makes me laugh because of that. Song is great. Reminds me Sleep of Angels. I have high hopes for this album. Who thought Rotting Christ song could make people smile?
----
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4i2hn2aUeKBtxzw8UN2EML?si=_gXZwweyShiek4Dmk5UzpA
19.04.2024 - 18:56
TheStygianOne
Well so far the album feels like a continuation of their previous album,Sakis also said that the album will be melodic and have mid tempo songs which also supports my statement,i think it will be a decent album but nothing to be excited for,ofc i'm not expecting them reinvent the wheel but i feel like Sakis has found a stale formula of recycling previously used riffs and melodies that works well tho,at the end of the day he is selling tickets/records and thats what matters at the end.
06.05.2024 - 19:23
HollowHills
Account deleted
I'm not huge fan of this band, but I'm listening to new songs right now, and it kicks @$$!
06.05.2024 - 20:53
nikarg
Staff
Written by TheStygianOne on 19.04.2024 at 18:56

i feel like Sakis has found a stale formula of recycling previously used riffs and melodies that works well tho,at the end of the day he is selling tickets/records and thats what matters at the end.

As a huge fan of the band, I am very disappointed with the recycling process Sakis has been utilizing in the last 3-4 albums (and his solo stuff, too). He has managed to live off of his music, which is no mean feat, of course, given the fact that he plays extreme metal and his band is called Rotting Christ. However, I have pretty much zero interest to listen to his "new" music any more, since I know that he has already played all the riffs before and better.
22.05.2024 - 23:49
MH_WarWizard
All the singles so far seem pretty slow.
I'm really hoping there are some faster songs on the album...
----
Oh Glorious Metal
23.05.2024 - 21:21
Fabiano
The album was leaked on YouTube today so I gave it a listen, mind there wasn't any bonus track.
I am a RC and ST superfan, I love their material, but I think this time there really is too much recycling. Two tracks have the same riffs with old RC songs, the rest are recycled from his solo album. Only two tracks have new riffs, in fact, they are awesome! I hope the bonus tracks will be like that.
Now I would rate this pretty low just because of too many similarities, especially with albums that came out too recently, and this is just off-putting. And from here comes my thought: what do the people who didn't listen to ST's solo album think?
I want to think it's a pretty decent album, the ST solo was great, so this must be good too.
24.05.2024 - 12:01
Rating: 5
Nightmare^
Rotting Christ are the most eco-friendly band of the last 2 decades.

Recycle and re-use 2 riffs.

Now in lower tempo with over-production.

6.66 $
----
24.05.2024 - 15:21
TheStygianOne
Damn my expectations were low but this is even worse that I thought it would be,my worse fears for this album came true,its so damn uninspired and boring and the recycled riffs and melodies are more than ever. These words come from someone that one his all time favorite albums from RC is "KTDE" and thats saying alot....I only found probably 2 songs that have some originality in them,if there's something positive about this album is that the production and performance are really good and that's it.
24.05.2024 - 15:46
Rating: 7
24.05.2024 - 16:23
Marty75
It's not bad, but we've already heard all of this on R.CH's last two albums. and Sakys' solo album.
24.05.2024 - 19:37
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
As expected, there's some great moments, despite the fact they're moments I've heard all before, not only the riffs but entire structure of certain songs are clearly recycled from previous work. They've clearly tried to go all out epic with all these symphonic elements, and in standard of production, but I could honestly have done without the excessive use of spoken words, it seems to have had even more narration going on than Sakis' solo album.

Overall, I quite enjoyed it still, I'll probably spin it a few more times before the year is over, but after that I think I'll end up returning to their more memorable pre-Theogonia stuff.
24.05.2024 - 23:11
HollowHills
Account deleted
It looks like a bunch of post-Christ Christians downvoted album to hell...
25.05.2024 - 00:15
Nejde
CommunityManager
Listen to this Sakis Tolis album from last year instead which he released under the moniker χ ξ ς' (h x s in Greek). For some reason this one is not added to the database and must've gone under the radar for exactly everyone. So feel free to do a band suggestion, or if anyone of the staff with the right permission to add bands sees this, feel free to add it.

I think this album is better than Pro Xristou even though I find Pro Xristou reasonably good. It's easy listening at least and I don't feel negative at all about it.
25.05.2024 - 10:11
Fabiano
Written by Nejde on 25.05.2024 at 00:15

I think this album is better than Pro Xristou even though I find Pro Xristou reasonably good. It's easy listening at least and I don't feel negative at all about it.

I don't think it is better. I would say they are very similar in composition.
There are lots of reused riffs with a couple of original song.
They are both enjoyable albums in my opinion.
25.05.2024 - 13:12
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
At this point, Rotting Christ are the AC/DC of metal. At least the album is still enjoyable, even if it doesn't bring anything new to their catalog.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
25.05.2024 - 13:57
Rating: 10
Arthur1961
A very beautiful album. I wanted it to be dark, like Rituals or old albums, but when I heard it, it was a wonderful and beautiful, regardless of one or two songs, that including previous riffs or repetitions, but in a beautiful way, and this is most important that it be a beautiful album, and what is new is that it is historical. If it is dark, then what's the new ? This is new, and friends, do not forget that this is the work of one man, and he is advanced in age, but he always seeks to please everyone. I hope everyone appreciates that. Just because of two songs, the same old riff, we don't have to be angry and upset because in the end it's beautiful. I hope everyone enjoy it as much as I did with my neighbors. HAIL RC
25.05.2024 - 17:17
Liafev
I don’t see the recycling as much of an issue here, The Heretics and Sakis’ solo album already had that trait and were good albums nonetheless. This one on the other hand lacks any kind of intensity. Even the blasting moments and the good riffs feel like they are missing something. Sakis’ voice also sounds shy most of the time, not sure if he’s not able to convey more anger anymore or if that was a choice, but it sure doesn’t make my fists clench like previous albums were.

It’s not a bad album per say, it’ll be good as background music when I work, but it’s not worthy of active listening like the previous ones were sadly.
25.05.2024 - 21:11
Rating: 5
vlzvl
This is clearly a mediocre album, another one-of-the-same stuff they've started since "Aealo".
It's a pity that Greece's second in black metal triarchy, Varathron, isn't getting nearly the same attention, while releasing monuments of old school hellenic black metal, yet most people are waiting every time for the new boring album by RC.

5/10
and only out of sheer respect for what they've done in the past (until "Theogonia")
26.05.2024 - 00:25
terroriser
Same here. I was hoping for something more like old stuff... Bitterly disappointed I am
----
26.05.2024 - 13:38
Rating: 9
Duck Dodgers
Personally, despite the cringe song titles, I like this album. Works as a whole rather that individual tracks.
May we take a moment to appreciate the fact that RC made an album that does not have the word "FIRE" anywhere in the lyrics...zero fire...the highest it gets temperature-wise is the word "Pyre" in one song. (Have not checked bonus tracks though).
Yes, it is overmastered, very polished and safe but that is what I expect from them.
26.05.2024 - 22:59
Rating: 9
Leothebrave
Same riff and recycling blah blah blah. still beautiful and soulful ALBUM that's what's I want .

Hits total: 3086 | This month: 1613