Metal Storm logo
National Day of Slayer

Original post

Posted by Conservationist, 12.04.2009 - 22:36
Http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Never forget... the Slayer.

Anyone else going to celebrate? It's our only truly metal holiday.
26.04.2009 - 23:28
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
This thread needs to have at least 6 pages on June 6.
03.05.2009 - 14:54
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Even more info:

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
National Day of Prayer demands a National Day of Slayer

Summary:

On May 7, Christians in the United States join in the National Day of Prayer. If you want a holiday with louder music, celebrate the Inter-National Day of Slayer on June 6, a holiday for the metal culture and the powerful music of Slayer.

Body:

On May 7, 2009, thousands of Christians throughout the United States will come together for the National Day of Prayer. Since we believe everyone should celebrate what is meaningful to them, we created the International Day of Slayer to unite people worldwide with a celebration of heavy metal.

While we bear our counterparts at the "National Day of Prayer Task Force" no ill-will, we'd like to remind them of a few salient facts:

- God can be misinterpreted. Slayer cannot. Slayer does not require you to understand the word, or the theology, or to believe in Heaven and Hell. You must only feel the power of this music and let it move you.

- The International Day of Slayer website has been translated into twelve languages including Hebrew and Icelandic. You can get your National Day of Prayer in only two, English and Spanish.

- People involved in religions often get confused over who is Us and who is Them. We suggest a simpler plan: You must listen to Slayer. Anyone not listening to Slayer is either Them, or forgot to take the day off to listen to Slayer.

- Prayer is a quiet, personal activity from which you get no immediate results. Listening to Slayer clears your mind and gets you ready for the only thing that matters in life, which is living it and making things happen.

- If you're going to pray, you want God to think you're good and not evil. Slayer embraces both evil and good, so you don't have to censor your actions before they happen. Slayer is a new morality for a dystopian age.

- The National Day of Prayer wants you to ask God to do good things for us. But if there is a God, he made Slayer, which is clearly a good thing that can be enjoyed already.

In our great pluralistic nation, every culture needs a voice. Metal is a subculture for everyone who understand metal, and Slayer are spokespeople we can all appreciate. Celebrate the National Day of Slayer and show your support for this recognition of metal culture and SLAYER!

Address:

National Day of Slayer
PO Box 1004
Alief, TX 77411
(512) 553-4544
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/
02.06.2009 - 07:58
Conservationist
Written by Metalhead2 on 26.04.2009 at 23:28

Hell yeah!

The International Day of Slayer just interviewed academics about Slayer and whether metal is a real culture. Makes for good bathroom reading.
02.06.2009 - 08:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Stevie wonder will get a day before slayer does...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.06.2009 - 15:04
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

The moment of truth is dawning upon us, we will either reign in blood or die by the sword!!!
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.06.2009 - 08:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
National Day Of Slayer was three years ago. So, welcome to all of you bandwagon jumpers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 13:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 08:43

National Day Of Slayer was three years ago. So, welcome to all of you bandwagon jumpers.

that's right Marcel, EVERYTHING happened in the past and there's just no hope of making anything interesting in the present and the future
03.06.2009 - 13:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 13:24

that's right Marcel, EVERYTHING happened in the past and there's just no hope of making anything interesting in the present and the future

The ORIGINAL National Day Of Slayer was on June 6th 2006, mmm, why do you think that was ? of course.. 6 6 6 so what the use of celebrating it on 6 6 9?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2009 - 13:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 13:33

The ORIGINAL National Day Of Slayer was on June 6th 2006, mmm, why do you think that was ? of course.. 6 6 6 so what the use of celebrating it on 6 6 9?

i couldn't care less about this, but i wanted to point out how glorious the past always is perceived to be(especially when considering metal music) and how bleak and ugly the future and present are.
it's a stupid idea anyway..
03.06.2009 - 15:35
Black Mass
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 13:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.06.2009 at 13:33

i couldn't care less about this, but i wanted to point out how glorious the past always is perceived to be(especially when considering metal music) and how bleak and ugly the future and present are.

Hehehee, now now, let the people have their fun! The present and future are not bleak either Vali, stop being such a kill-joy
03.06.2009 - 17:54
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite

I thought it was actually rather funny at the time. Of course, the whole thing has gotten twisted and lost it's appeal.

As Marcel said, the original date was 06/06/2006 and the only reason they did it was because some group of crazy Christians here in the states decided to make 06/06/2006 a "National Day of Prayer" because they believed that with enough prayer, the power of God could overpower the "evil" that would "naturally" manifest itself on that date. How can a day be evil? How can numbers that were arbitrarily assigned to days, times, events, etc. have any bearing on reality? They can't. So, a couple of guys decided to start NDoS as a way of mocking the ignorance this fundamentalist extreme right-wing group displayed. Then, of course, a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon and it got real stupid, real fast.

EDIT: I did purchase the limited edition "6/6/06 I've made my choice" Slayer shirt though, despite the ignorance of it all. Two of them in fact.
03.06.2009 - 18:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Søren on 03.06.2009 at 17:54

I thought it was actually rather funny at the time. Of course, the whole thing has gotten twisted and lost it's appeal.

As Marcel said, the original date was 06/06/2006 and the only reason they did it was because some group of crazy Christians here in the states decided to make 06/06/2006 a "National Day of Prayer" because they believed that with enough prayer, the power of God could overpower the "evil" that would "naturally" manifest itself on that date. How can a day be evil? How can numbers that were arbitrarily assigned to days, times, events, etc. have any bearing on reality? They can't. So, a couple of guys decided to start NDoS as a way of mocking the ignorance this fundamentalist extreme right-wing group displayed. Then, of course, a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon and it got real stupid, real fast.

EDIT: I did purchase the limited edition "6/6/06 I've made my choice" Slayer shirt though, despite the ignorance of it all. Two of them in fact.

damn, i didn't know that... yeah you're right, numbers were CREATED BY HUMANS, so some kind of transcendental evil(aka SATAN) cannot manifest itself through it

sometimes i think i'd have been better off by living in the USA but when i hear yet another impossibly bigoted piece of crap spewed by the christian fundamentalists i wanna reconsider
03.06.2009 - 18:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 18:26

sometimes i think i'd have been better off by living in the USA but when i hear yet another impossibly bigoted piece of crap spewed by the christian fundamentalists i wanna reconsider

oh fucking whatever. we have freedom of religion here. there are morons of all shapes, sizes, and beliefs in this country who use whatever their bullshit platform is to try influence things - be it Christian Fundamentalism, black liberation theology, Algore's Church of Global Warming -er - ciimate change nuts, Scientologists, Atheists, whatever.

they represent the vocal minority. The silent majority of Americans don't really give a shit one way or another in regards to any extreme "ism"...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.06.2009 - 18:40
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 03.06.2009 at 18:37

oh fucking whatever. we have freedom of religion here. there are morons of all shapes, sizes, and beliefs in this country who use whatever their bullshit platform is to try influence things - be it Christian Fundamentalism, black liberation theology, Algore's Church of Global Warming -er - ciimate change nuts, Scientologists, Atheists, whatever.

they represent the vocal minority. The silent majority of Americans don't really give a shit one way or another in regards to any extreme "ism"...

very true BC, but I hate hearing the crap spewed by the christian fundamentalists, too, especially my mom cuz I can't really turn her off ...
03.06.2009 - 18:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BitterCOld on 03.06.2009 at 18:37

but still there's veeeeery few people who act like that here, i hear crazy stuff preached only like every 2-3 months,

but the general level of religiousness of a hypocritical type is higher,
something like (imagine this being said with passion/anger/hatred) "you satanist/weirdo!!(i usually get one of those stigmas) how dare you condescend me about having butt-sex with my 17 year old girlfriend, being a compulsive liar, hating gypsies, jews and hungarians, being a pick-pocket, selling drugs, and being a general asshole WHEN I CHRISTIANLY GO TO THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH AND YOU SATANICALLY WORSHIP SATAN THROUGH THAT SATANIC MUSIC THAT YOU SATANICALLY LISTEN TO SATANDAMIT!! EAT HOLY WATER BITCH!!!!"... i say practice what you preach(except when it's anti-social and violent, then you're entitled to be a hypocritical prick )...
03.06.2009 - 19:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ehi these posts are funny.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.06.2009 - 19:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 03.06.2009 at 19:00

and true
03.06.2009 - 19:08
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 19:06

Written by Elio on 03.06.2009 at 19:00

and true

Yeah, I love ultra-paranoid people as the ones you described.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.06.2009 - 19:51
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 03.06.2009 at 18:52

"you satanist/weirdo!!(i usually get one of those stigmas) how dare you condescend me about having butt-sex with my 17 year old girlfriend, being a compulsive liar, hating gypsies, jews and hungarians, being a pick-pocket, selling drugs, and being a general asshole WHEN I CHRISTIANLY GO TO THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH AND YOU SATANICALLY WORSHIP SATAN THROUGH THAT SATANIC MUSIC THAT YOU SATANICALLY LISTEN TO SATANDAMIT!! EAT HOLY WATER BITCH!!!!"

Holy crap! You know that dude too? I hate that fucker!
04.06.2009 - 01:51
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I think everyone has met that guy and several others like him.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
05.06.2009 - 16:59
Conservationist
The International Day of Slayer is this Saturday:

Quote:

Tomorrow, Saturday June 6, is the International Day of Slayer.

This is a day to do no work and listen to Slayer, because you're a metalhead and you think the world should recognize metal as a culture.

Being a culture has its advantages. People understand that your values and your music are important to you. They give you space.

Even more important is sending a message to the world that this music has a vital spirit that brings people together, even into a culture. We aren't following the path of others, but our own path.

Where we agree on similar attitudes and values is our culture. The metal culture. And Slayer upholds this ideal, fast and furious and full of horror, like no others.

So this Saturday, celebrate the International Day of Slayer:

* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.

And pass the word along to other metalheads.

http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

If Muslims, gays, bats, hairdressers, Christians, teachers, postal workers, Scientologists and furries get their own special holidays, I want one for metal.

And old Slayer rules anyway. 90% of death metal and black metal are lifted from early Slayer, Hellhammer and Bathory.
06.06.2009 - 15:49
breX
Account deleted
HAPPY SLAYER DAY!:devil:
06.06.2009 - 16:49
Conservationist
Currently playing Slayer loudly. Confirm for yourself:

http://www.last.fm/user/Conservationist

People are inbound, beer is chilling (herbal supplements are dehydrating), steaks are marinating and Slayer is blasting.
06.06.2009 - 16:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Listening to Slayer since this morning on South of Heaven now, working my way through the albums. Stopped for a while to play a few of their tunes on my six string. Hell yeah!!!
----

06.06.2009 - 17:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Listening to Black Sabbath all day long.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2009 - 17:32
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2009 at 17:23

There's always a party pooper
----

06.06.2009 - 18:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 06.06.2009 at 17:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2009 at 17:23

There's always a party pooper

National Slayer Day was THREE years ago.
And i am paying tribute to the originators of Metal
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2009 - 18:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Happy ULVER day!

----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.06.2009 - 21:56
BuzzPhil
Written by Metalhead2 on 26.04.2009 at 23:28

Too bad... two pages and we are actually June 6... But about National Day Of Slayer... Good idea!! But I prefer to see a national day of Metal music before a national day for Slayer...
06.06.2009 - 22:39
Conservationist
Written by BuzzPhil on 06.06.2009 at 21:56

I prefer to see a national day of Metal music before a national day for Slayer...

They're one and the same. Slayer is the symbol, metal is the message...