Metal Storm logo
Your personal Top10 Metal Songs

Original post

Posted by marinBG, 14.08.2006 - 14:24
Well, I think it would be cool if everyone had the chance to post their most favourite 10 metal songs. To keep it deverse - one song per artist. Also don't forget to include explanaitions for the songs you chose...

so here is mine (at least at the moment):

1. Children Of Bodom - Bodom After Midnight
This is the most difficult pick ever - I simply cannot pick my favourite COB song, since this is my alltime favourite band. I love the dynamics, I love the feeling, I love the vocals, I love the technicallity and I love the writing... for this is just the perfect music. Even the new album that tends to be a little bit new just plainly makes me happy when I hear it. Great stuff!

2. Lacuna Coil - Haeven's a lie
I love Lacuna Coil. And especially the more powerfull and catchy songs. For me Heaven's a lie is the anthem of a particular approach to metal that I hope will develom more and more. It has some great melodies, an amazing chorus and some great keyboards samples that simply make the music much more colorful and interesting at least for me (I play keyboards )

3. SlipKnot - My Plague (yes, I consider this metal)
Well, for me this song combines the two post difficult things to put together in metal. Melody and brutallity. I really like catchy stuff and the chorus is both vigourus, catchy and of course melodic. While the verse retains a very cool agressive brutal feel. And the nicest part of all it that the brutallity and the catchyness can ve felt troughout the whole song. Btw, I prefer the shorter version cause it's more to the point and more in your face basicly. And it's more radio-friendly as much as a song with growling in the verse can be and there's something I would like to note about SlipKnot's stuff. I don't think they are that untrue, because they are heavy as f**k. Actually it's most probably the heaviest and most agressive band on my list.

4. In Flames - Only for the weak
In Flames for me are just an awesome band and Clayman is one of my favourite albums ever (top 5 materisal basicly). An Only For The Weak is one of the coolest songs on the album. I'm not the biggest fan of the new In Flames stuff, but Clayman for me will probably always be the best gothenburg or melodic death metal (whatever you call it) albums ever. It is catchy, it is heavy, it has crunching guitar leads. What else could you possible want?

5. Metallica - One
Do I really need to explain. I love almost eveything about that song, from the music trough the inspiration for it to the story of it. For me it signifies the entrace of metal into the mainstream which for me is a cool thing. I think the more metal spreads the better. I would be gladly watching all of the bands on this list on MTV and reading how they earn tons of money, cause I belive they all (and not only them) deserve it more than Breatney Spears or Backstreet Boys. And there's something more. And aslo the music is so great. The verses are so emotional and well written... and the ending part just freakin kicks ass!!! Again, a great song combining emotions, bisicly lyrical music with really heavy stuff. Also this is probably the only Metallica solo (Kirk is one of the weakest guitarists ever!!!) that I really dig (may be also Nothing Else Matters), cause no matter that it's not so virtuoso it's just really well written. I also chose this song cause I wanted to have Metallica on the list and I was wandering what to choose. Cause they have both heavy songs and ballads. And both rock. So I picked One also beacause it fully represents them at their best (not like St.Anger which sucked)

6. Crematory - The Fallen
Just a perfect song. Nothig else to say Very cool keyboard melody. Great overall feel. Cool Melodic Verse and a really killer Chorus. That's it. And a cool tempo. I really dig this type of songs.

7. Amorphis - Crimson Wave
Another unique song. The whole album Am Universum for a very long time was one of my favourites. Some really catchy stuff on there. And in this particular song the thing that is sung over the opening riff (a bridge or a chorus probably... I don't really know with this a bit strange song structure) just makes me wanna jump around and headbang. And in addition to all the musical quality in this song, I also have some plainly personal reasons to love it

8. Nightwish - She is my sin
Well, we just need one more Finnish band in that list, huh I generally do not dig so much most of the stuff Nightwish do, but some of their songs are really really cool. And the coolest of them all is She is my sin. This song also helped me alongside Children Of Bodom to turn my mother into a metal aprechiator I really love the keyboards and the melody in this song. It just creates a great great feel for me. I like every single note that's in it and that is a very rare thing to happen with me. Especially with a song by Nightwish, cause didn't really like (and still don't) Tarja. No need to say that I was very happy when they kicked her out. I hope they find a singer that is not so operaic, so they can appeal to a larger audience and double the success they had with Once (which for me is thier strongest effort by far... it's just much more agressive and catchy than the older stuff.)

9. Soulfly - Seekin' Strike
Max Cavalera for me is among the greatest man of metal. Basicly godlike, despite the bunch of not so good songs he's done also especialy with Prophecy for example.. I love the way he writes his music and I really love his vocals. And this particular song just makes me wanna headbang and mosh in the most brutal pit possible.

10. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Well, the old Sepultura. What can you say... for me they are
a legend. And as I mentioned before Max is almost a God... And for me personally this is maybe thier coolest song (among others). I really dig everything about it, which all comes down to sheer brutallity. I love the mosh vibe Sepultura have to all thier stuff (I'm talking about the old Sepultura... I wouldn't mosh on Bullet the blue sky for example unless I really have to ). And also this is again a pretty personal song for me especially with the momorry of singing in on stage (on a totally inapropriate for that one) and scarying some jazz lovers and musicians out of the hall (yep, as I said, I generally play keyboards, but when my band needs someone to grawl it's usually me + Refuse/Resist doesn't really need keyboards anyway)
30.01.2007 - 23:10
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
1. Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
2. Hellhammer - Triumph of Death
3. Mercyful Fate - Evil
4. Bathory - The Reaper
5. Metallica - Motorbreath
6. Slayer - Die By The Sword
7. Sarcofago - Nightmare
8. Death - Zombie Ritual
9. Entombed - Severe Burns
10. Repulsion - Black Breath

repulsion usually would be a higher rank, but the other nine are my absolute tops.
15.03.2007 - 01:13
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I have many favourite songs so it's a little bit difficult to choose them but for now they are:

1. Dark Tranquillity - Lethe
2. Insomnium - Change Of Heart
3. In Flames - Artifacts Of The Black Rain
4. Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains
5. Napalm Death - Well All Is Said And Done
6. Moonspell - Opium
7. Darkthrone - The Cult Of Goliaths
8. Emperor - Curse You All Men
9. Suidakra - Wartunes
10. In Flames - Episode 666
07.04.2007 - 21:51
Stratowarrior
Stratovarius:Destiny and Father Time
Helloween:Power and If i could fly
Edguy:King of fools and Vain glory opera
Sonata Arctica:San sebastian (revisited)
Iron Maiden:Wasted years
Hammerfall:Natural high
Nightwish:Over the hills and far away
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
07.04.2007 - 22:20
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
10. Manowar- Battle Hymns
Perhaps one of the most influencial songs in power metal

9. Blind Guardian- Bard's Song
Classic, specially if you are lucky enough to see them live

8. MegaDriver- Hedgehog Metal (Sonic)
What happens when you combine Sonic's theme song with first class heavy metal, and lighting fast guitars and drums (although the drums sound a lot like a drums machine but still pretty good)

7. Iced Earth- Wolf
You may not like or even hate Iced Earth, but after you hear this song you are most likely to change your mind =P

6. Mercyful Fate- A Corpse Without a Soul/Melissa
This song is the bassis for many Black Metal bands, although MF never acctually played Black Metal, they were one of the first bands to use controversial religious lyrics

5. Pain of Salvation- Oblivion Ocean
I dont think that any band will EVER beat Pain of Salvation in terms of complexity and lyrics, Pain of Salvation's instrumental is not as good as Dream Theater or Symphony X's instrumetal, however the lyric work is just amazing. In my personal opnion Oblivion Ocean has the best lyrics in Prog Metal scene.

4. Dream Theater- Six Degrees of Internal Turbulance (live)
What happens when you play a 42 minutes long song, LIVE, and with a full orquestra behind you...... Yeah imagine that.

3. Opeth- The Funeral Portrait
Great song, but not much to say

2. Shaaman- Carry On (live)
Ironically this song is much better played by Shaaman than by Angra, another Power Metal classic

1. Angra- Caronina IV
The most beautiful and yet amazing song ever made, the best POWER AND PROG song ever...
----
14.04.2007 - 10:54
Robstar
For me:
1- Norther - Death Unlimited
2- Iced Earth - Path I Chose
3- Slayer - Reign in Blood
4- Catamenia - Forever NIght
5- Dark Tranquillity - Out of Nothing
6- Children of Bodom - Hate Me!
7- Tristania - Aphelion
8- Cradle of Filth - From the Cradle to Enslave
9- Marduk - Still Fucking Dead
10- Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams
A bit of everything ...Yeah that's it .
----
Nothing is unreacheable
14.04.2007 - 12:33
Flame
1. Dark Tranquillity - Lethe
2. In Flames - The Quiet Place
3. Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
4. Dark Tranquillity - Focus Shift
5. Insomnium - Mortal Share
6. In Flames - Moonshield
7. At The Gates - Cold
8. Amon Amarth - Valhall Awaits Me
9. Ensiferum - Token Of Time
10. Children Of Bodom - Lake Bodom
22.04.2007 - 07:37
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
1. Slayer - Piece by Piece
2. Slayer - Raining Blood
3. Testament - Legions of the Dead
4. Blind Guardian - Another Holy War
5. Metallica - Motorbreath
6. Megadeth - Hanger 18
7. Iron Maiden - The Trooper
8. Slayer - Angel of Death
9. Blind Guardian - Majesty
10. Exodus - Blacklist

My favourite songs change every month (except for favourite one) and it's 12:30 a.m. when i'm typing this so i might've forgotten some good songs but oh well .
27.04.2007 - 08:37
Spirit Crusher.
Account deleted
10. Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper-Dream Theater.
To me, this is the epidome of a genre: Progressive Metal. Gorgious thought provoking lyrics by Petrucci. Flawless and beautiful vocals by James. And thats just the first three minutes. The four minute instrumental section is arughibly one of the most exciting and entertaining ever composed. It even has a bass solo that manages to entertain! Hats off to my favorite band of all time

9. One Rode to Asa Bay- Bathory
Epic and one of the pioneering songs in the viking metal scene. A very intricate history in the Lutheren rape of Pagan freedom in the Nordic lands. Beautiful and haunting. A classic

8. Time Stands Still- Blind Guardian
Ah Tolkien and metal. Like peanut butter and jelly almost. My personal favorite track off the opus "Nightfall in Middle Earth". One of the most popular and invariably best written metal records ever made.

7. Babylon- Edguy
Arughibly the catchiest song in the entire genre of power metal (And believe me, thats saying alot!)

6. The Exorcist- Possessed
Seven Churches: The album that single handedly created a style of metal that is growing strong in countless nations and spawning countless subgenre's within subgenre's. The exorcist is the first track that features the famous Tubular Bells theme before FUCKING YOUR SKULL MERCILESSLY!

5. By Demons be Driven- Pantera
Still in my opinion one of the heaviest songs ever composed. And yes, Western religion indeed sucks my balls.

4. Mr. Crowely- Ozzy Osbourne
Classic classic classic! And no fundementalist Christians, it's not a tribute to Alastor Crowely!

3. Diary- Iced Earth
Officer Barlow is still my favorite vocalist in metal. Amoung a few others. Amazing song with unforgettable riffage and tempo suprises throughout.

2. Angel of Death-Slayer
I don't care about how gory Cannibal Corpse can write. It's just mindless goryness but Angel of Death is the single most violent song in metal. Just... Jesus FUCK that song is heavy... Sorry im kinda going off but CHRIST. "...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

1. The Philosopher- DEATH
R.I.P Chuck. The Philosopher is my favorite song by my favorite extreme metal band in the world. Sorry my list is kind of anti climactic.
27.04.2007 - 21:17
MadGatsu
ok here it goes:

1- Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name : i cant really explain why...i just love the lyric and the song in general...i mean...whats there not to love? lol i like specially the live version at Rock in Rio (Brazil). damn...what a concert that was...

2- Amon Amarth - Victorious March : I just love the feeling it transmits...VICTORY!!!! who doesnt like to be victorious in whatever u do? the whole song channels power into me :]

3- Children of Bodom - Silent Night, Bodom Night : well...i can say its the only song i have in my cellphone. its my ring tune. and i used it to wake me in the morning to go to college at 6 am and also wakes the entire building while im at it :p *feels devious*

4- Dream Evil - Chosen Ones : i love the lyrics (even though some ppl find 'em cheesy and that they repeat too much)..but i just love the feeling also. the violins really make it better

5- Judas Priest - Night Crawler : i like the "dark environment" the song gives to people, and the song itself + lyrics ofc.

6- Moonspell - Full Moon Madness: i love the "dark environment", and also the wolf/man type of lyrics...the feeling behind the song is awsome too..makes me depressed..but well, i love it anyway

7- Manowar - Warriors of the World United : everytime i hear this song i feel the urge to get up and follow the vocals out loud and headbang like a maniac lol..and kill someone too.. jk on that one. well it pumps me up like a mad man

8- Megadeth - She-Wolf : love the lyrics, the riffs, and the music in general... also pumps me up

the rest of these songs..well..i cant really point out why they are on my top 10, but well, i have to say 2 more so here are 2 songs...i could mention many other pay in mind...

9- Kalmah - Heroes to Us
10- Kalmah - They Will Return

(maybe cuz ive been listening to kalmah a lot lately but still, i like them a lot )
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
28.04.2007 - 00:34
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
Omg ... im gunna be here for ever haha... soo many songs i like .. so right here it goes my top ten in no paticular order are :

1. Arcturus - Wintry Grey
I dunno why but im drawn to this song for the choir part at the being.... its a song atht persoanlly get deep to me and i love the whole atmosphere the music creates.. and the vocals ... just brilliant

2. Black Label Society - Suicide Messiah
Love this song from the very first time i heard it... its zakks vocals thats do it for me on this song... and the lyrics are just ace...its all ways had a grip on me...

3. Burzum - Det Som en Gang Var...
I dont know how to say it but ... beautiful... its moving , its chilling cold eerie... and tahts just the beinging of it .. then when the drums and guitars kick in .. the whole song just changes feeling... its a whole journey throught out 14 mins and 21 seconds... i could write and essay on this song ... haha but ill leave it at that for now ...

4. Cradle of Filth - Hallowed Be Thy Name (iron madien cover)
One of my fave all time Cradle songs.. Its alot faster than the original , its got more power to it... and Dani's vocasl are just great... and the lyrics.. even though it is iron madiens lyrics.. but so suit cradle's style

5. Saturnus - Christ goodbye
again its the vocals the atmosphere of the song the sounds the music .. every time i listen to it .. i hear some thing new within the song.. the lyrics are beautifully composed...nothing more too it than that really...

6. Deadlock - Kingdom of the Dead
Its fast .. its eerie, its got power to it... the vocals are just spinechilling...its a song you just want to move to ... feel the beats and the riffs...

7.Marilyn Manson - King kill 33
for me its the lyrics of the song that make it one of my top ten .. they are personal to me and im sure alot of other ppl can relate to them.. and its the anger in the song u can feel in in the vocals and its great when a song can show so much just from listening to it ...

8. Mortiis - The worst in me....
Again this is more for the lyrics of the song .. they mean a lot to me.. it is a song i can realte to personally... and every time i listen to it it reminds me how far away from then i am now .. and thats way its in my top ten for its help me though alot ...

9. My dying Bride - One of Beauty's Daughters
its the Riffs at the start of the song... just brings the whole song together... makes me wnat to carry on listeing to it.. its a gripping song full of feelinsg adn emotions within the lyrics.. and the vocals .. just cant get enough of Aaron's vocie.. so smooth... makes such a change to metal from the roughness of vocals of most metal bands ... to his ...

10. last but not leats has to be Rammstein - Mein Teil ....
Just a ..... Ace song... its the whole song.. the heavy riffs the drums .. now thats what i call industrail ...
and again the vocals.. you can feel the emotion though the way Till sings the song...
28.04.2007 - 02:39
MadGatsu
Written by Author on 28.04.2007 at 00:34

One of my fave all time Cradle songs.. Its alot faster than the original , its got more power to it... and Dani's vocasl are just great... and the lyrics.. even though it is iron madiens lyrics.. but so suit cradle's style

omg...cant believe i forgot that one lol gonna edit my post tomorrow..too sleepy to write anymore today :p thanks for the accidental reminder lol
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
28.04.2007 - 02:44
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
Written by MadGatsu on 28.04.2007 at 02:39

Written by Author on 28.04.2007 at 00:34

haha no problem .. there still a hell of a load of songs ive just realsied ive missed off my self ... but well ten is all
12.06.2007 - 17:46
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
1.Metallica - Welcome Home
2.Slayer - Raining blood
3.Children Of Bodom - Everytime I die
4.Meshuggah - New Millennium Cyanide Christ
5.Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
6.Iron Maiden - Trooper
7Children Of Bodom - Hate Me!
8.Meshuggah - I
9.Dream Theater - Octavarium
10.Slayer - Disciple
12.06.2007 - 21:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
actualy it is :

1. Nightwish - Ghost Love Score
2. Rhapsody - Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness
3. Stratovarius - Destiny
4. Gamma Ray - Lake of Tears
5. Blind Guardan - And Then There Was Silence
6. Luca Turilli - Ancient Forrest of Elves
7. Elvenking - Trow's Kind
8. Nightwish - Crimson Tide
9. Turisas - Battle Metal
10. Rhapsody - Wizard's Last Rhymes

but it is hard to decide...many other songs are almost as good as these "top ten"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.06.2007 - 10:09
Torture Killer
Account deleted
1. Deathrider-Anthrax
2. Deciple-Slayer
3. Shedding Skin-Pantera
4. Territory-Sepultura
5. Metallica-Motorbreath
6. Holy Wars-Megadeth
7. Suffering Overdue-Black Label Society
8. Victim of Changes-Judas Priest
9.So Many Lies-Testament
10. Conquer All-Behemoth

Vaugely in order
23.06.2007 - 14:47
Dark_Meteor
1. Beautiful Death - Winterun
2. Angels Don't Kill - Children of Bodom
3. Cry - Norther
4. Am i 1? - Dark Tranquillity
5. Little Dreamer - Ensiferum
6. Suburban Me - In Flames
7. We Will Rise - Arch Enemy
8. LAI LAI HEI - Ensiferum
9. Sleeping Stars - Wintersun
10. The Serpentine Offering - Dimmu Borgir
23.06.2007 - 19:46
In Chaos
1. Children of Bodom - everytime I die
2. In Flames - Touch of Red
3. Trivium - Like Light to the Flies
4. Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
5. Mnemic - Door 2.12
6. Helloween - If I Could Fly
7. Sonata Arctica - My Land
8. Sanctity - Zeppo
9. Chimaira - resurrection
10. Gamma Ray - Heaven or Hell

this is my current favorites, but they change from time to time. and there are many more songs i would like to add on the list.
29.06.2007 - 14:37
Eternal Flame
Account deleted
1. Slayer - Angel Of Death
2. Helloween - Keeper Of Seventh Keys
3. Deicide - Once Upon A Cross
4. Riot - Bloodstreet
5. Children Of Bodom - Lake Bodom
6. Sinergy - I Spit On Your Grave
7. Nile - Black Seeds Of Vengeance
8. Arch Enemy - Nemesis
9. Cradle Of Filth - Devil Women
10. Judas Priest - Jugulator

26.07.2007 - 18:10
-Xul-
01.Quo Vadis - Silence Calls The Storm
02.Cannibal Corpse - Eaten from Inside
03.Deicide - Once Upon The Cross
04.Hate Eternal - I, Monarch
05.Nile - Sacrifice Unto Sebek
06.Vile - Devour
07.Carcariass - Die Anal
08.Necrophagist - Seven
09.Vader - Kingdom
10.Capharnaum - Icon of Malice
----
27.07.2007 - 14:39
Inlé
It changes all the time, but at the mo:

Artillery - Bombfood
Ensiferum - Abandoned
Heathen - Mercy is no virtue
Wolfchant- Clan of Cross
Exhorder - The Tragic Period
Death - Living Monstrosity
Coroner - Son of Lillith
Rhapsody - The Pride of the Tyrant
Intruder - Geri's Lament (when)
Helloween - Mr. Ego (Take Me Down)
04.08.2007 - 17:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
[19/11-08: Updating list!]

Only studio songs for me of course and my choices are a mix of how good the song is and how much it means to me!

10. Slayer - The Antichrist
Love at first note. Dissection did a killer cover of it but nothing stands up to the original. Simple, aggressive and crushes everything in its way. Slayer did it already here.

9. Cult of Luna - Back to Chapel Town
The most haunting song of all time. I've listened to it more than all the other Cult of Luna songs together. The intro is chilling, haunting and has a ghastly atmosphere. The vocals are depressive and angry. Awesome song!

8. Megadeth - Washington Is Next!
I can't deny it no longer. I have to put this song on my list! It's just so darn good! I love how the lyrics just "flow" so good with the song. The guitars are great too. There are some songs I love to really turn up the volume too, some special songs where I go over the max limit of loudness I usually stick too. This is one of them.

7. Cradle of Filth - I Am the Thorn
First of all, it's a kick ass song with awesome intro, beautiful chorus and catchy verses. Secondary, it rules live which I didn't think it would. But yeah, it's even better. And for the third, I always think of me and my friends rainy days in Gothenburg when I hear it. Took two days off from school to go to Gothenburg, see Cradle of Filth, go to their signing session and stay at a hotel which my dad payed for. Great times.

6. Amon Amarth - Ride for Vengeance
Amon Amarth did it right here, after their first album they didn't have to do more. This is pure viking rage from beginning to end and one of the most atnopsheric songs I've ever heard. Everything came out perfect with their first attempt and after this song it just continues with one masterpiece after another.

5. Deathstars - Play God
The first time I saw and heard them was when they opened up for Cradle of Filth in Gothenburg. Before that I thought they were some gay-emo-Marilyn-Mansonish-band. And I was so wrong. They opened up with "Tounges" and I instantly thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever heard live, didn't dare to say it to my friend though. But then I saw him digging along to some songs and I said (or rather yelled) "THIS IS PRETTY DARN GOOD!!!" and he said (or yelled) "I KNOW!!!". So after we had cleansed the air like that we just kept enjoying their awesome show. When "Play God" came I knew that this band was something for me, that they would be a great part of my music interest. "Play God" sums up everything I love about Deathstars: the melodies, the slow and sad parts, the catchy choruses (oh, that catchyness) and those awesome lyrics. 'Cuz I wanna play God with Deathstars.

4. Queensrÿche - The Mission
I had no idea how this band sounded when I bought "Operation: Mindcrime", Opium here at MS forced me to do it since I'm such a big Dream Theater fan. And I'm so glad he did talk me into it! The album was awesome all the way through, but there was one song which really got to me: "The Mission". To me it's feels very melancholic, almost poetic. It feels like the great calm before the storm, without the actual storm. The lyrics are stunning and the vocal performance is some of the best I've ever heard.

3. Dream Theater - Pull Me Under
"Awake" was my first Dream Theater album and I really liked it but I realised how brilliant it was a couple of weeks later. During that time I saw that "Images and Words" had the best rating of their albums here at MS. So I bought it and as soon as "Pull Me Under" blasted out from my stereo I knew it was something special. It's probably not their best song but it is the one I have listened to the most from their material and it made me see that Dream Theater probably is my favourite band and that "Images and Words" is the best album of all time. Geniously constructed in every way.

2. Nokturnal Mortum - Perun's Celestial Silver
From the amazing and beautiful intro this song is perfect in every way. Years later it still sends shivers down my spine, the vocals sounds so haunting and painful, the melodies are so cathcy and the mood of it makes you think you're in a dark and cold winter forest. I made a weird loud noise when I saw the "Lunar Poetry" demo in my favourite record store.

1. Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metal was still all new to me when I was 13 years old. That summer we had rented a car in Greece and drove around the country. My mom had got me a Walkman and a tape with Metallica's "Load" and "ReLoad", those two albums really mattered something to me after that. So a couple of months later I had some money over and I was visiting my grandma in my home town Norrköping. I went to a CD store and there they sold all the Metallica albums for a really good price. "ReLoad" in CD form really caught my eye, I just loved (and still do) "The Unforgiven II" so much. But the night before that I had watched Swedish Television's marathon of Metal documentaries and there a Metallica fan had praised "Master of Puppets". So what to do? I thought I was mad choosing "Master of Puppets" after some serious thinking (I today consider "ReLoad" to be Metallica's most boring album). So I sat in the car, popped in the CD in my brand new Walkman and "Battery" started. Damn, what a good song I instantly thought it was. But then, then, after it came the song which from that moment would always be my favourite song. What I heard was something I had never heard before. A mix of epic thrash and beautiful melodies. The song was insane and still is. I had the song on repeat the whole way home, for one and a half hour! "Master of Puppets" has always been there for me and to this day no other song has even come close to its level.

And I did it, just one song from each band. My tr00 list would have one Metallica song, one Amon Amarth song, one Queensrÿche song, one Nokturnal Mortum song, two Deathstars songs and four Dream Theater songs. So you all go suck on that!
----
04.08.2007 - 17:52
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 04.08.2007 at 17:20

10. Cradle of Filth Summer Dying Fast
Very catchy and it probably has my favourite outro. Very emotional and sad, it ends with the sound of a chilling wind which really gives you the feeling that autumn has come and summer is gone.

4. Cradle of Filth Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
CoF will never compose a song like this. They haven't and won't even come close to the genious of CBTO. This is... it's... I can't even describe it. Everything just came out perfect in this one.

Even though Im not a Cof fan, I must admit that the songs you posted up are pretty timeless for me...though I dont know "I am thorn though"

ehem...updated ( and deleted old one )

1. Melechesh - Ladders to Sumeria
2. Whorecore - Shes wearing their Skin
3. Furia - Les Revelations du Temps passe
4. Therion - Dark Venus Persephone
this song means alot to me symbolically and spiritually...
5. Witchery - All Evil
6. Suffocation - Pierced from Within
7. Cannibal Corpse - Addicted to Vaginal skin
8. Aeternus - Warrior of the Crescent Moon ( so beautiful and ambient )
9. Dying Fetus - one shot, one kill
10. Necrodeath - Hate and Scorn
19.10.2007 - 02:58
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Wow, a tough topic indeed. Here goes.

1. Kamelot - Center of the Universe: My favorite band, and of all their great songs, my favorite song. It's speed, epic musical tone, and incredibly lyrics have stuck with me since the very first time I've heard it.

2. Avantasia - The Sign of the Cross: An amazing song that grew on me the more I listened to it. With a plethora of voices (it features four or five of the singers), an amazing chorus line it has stood up through hundreds of listens and only gotten better.

3. Demons and Wizards - Seize the Day: Great medium tempo song with very personal lyrics and a spectacular performance by Mr. Hansi Kursch.

4. Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon: A mesmerizing ballad from Bruce Dickinson's second solo cd, "Balls to Picasso". Truly memorable, this song has been permanently and happily burned into my memory forever.

5. Dark Moor - Beyond the Fire: Although the words aren't grammatically perfect, the voices of their singers are incredible and the chorus is breathtakingly amazing.

6. DragonForce - Dawn Over A New World: I actually used this in my wedding video, so that tells you how much I like it right there. An excellent ballad from a band that's usually playing in overdrive.

7. Iced Earth - My Own Savior: I am a huge fan of the band and Matt Barlow's voice and it really shines th rough on this song.

8. Iron Maiden - Aces High: Being a History Major with emphasis in World War II, this song has amazing lyrics, utilizes Dickinson's voice perfectly and has a kick ass chorus.

9. Edguy - King of Fools: An absolutely fun song that introduced me to Edguy and then Avantasia. The lyrics are hilarious and make me laugh every time I hear the song.

10. Sonata Arctica - Replica: The lyrical content of this song is simply fascinating to me and the band performs it extremely well. Just an all around good song that I throughly enjoy.

There's 10, not easy, but ask me again next year and we'll see how my answers change. Metal Forever!!!!
08.11.2007 - 13:48
Glen_Doom
Here is a video I made of my Top 10 bands including my favourite track for each band.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Mn1Xqflpg
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
09.11.2007 - 01:45
Bulletdodger
My top 10:
1. Motorhead - Ace of Spades
2. Iron Maiden - The trooper
3. Slayer - Angel of Death
4. Metallica - Fade to black
5. Sepultura - Roots , bloody roots
6. Rammstein - Asche zu Asche
7. Satyricon - Into the mighty Forest
8. Moonspell - Enebrarum Oratorium
9. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
10. Black Sabbath - Iron Man
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
09.11.2007 - 01:55
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
well its constantly changing but atm:
in no partciular order)

1. Immortal - Tragedies Blows at Horizon
2. Insomnium - the dat it all cam down
3. Machine head - Cleching The fists of dissent
4. Kalmah - cloned insanity
5. amon amarth - asator
6. ensiferum - slayer of light
7. at the gates - slaughter of the soul
8. behemoth - at the left hand ov god
9. death - empty words
10. quo vadis - mute requiem

----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
12.11.2007 - 19:22
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Sepultura - Morbid Visions
Cannibal Corpse - Fucked With A Knife
Slayer - Necrophobic
Pig Destroyer - Naked Trees
Helloween - Heavy Metal Is The Law
Sepultura - From The Past Comes The Storms
Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full Of Maggots
Pig Destroyer - Cheerleader Corpses
Suffocation - Human Waste
Deicide - Blaspherereion

something like this at the moment. you're probably wondering what Helloween is doing there...
12.11.2007 - 20:13
Smurfophagist
Slayer - Raining Blood
Metallica - Sad But True
Machine Head - Aesthetics Of Hate
Trivium - Dying In Your Arms
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Megadeth - Holy Wars
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Motorhead - Killed By Death
Black Sabbath - Snowblind

Ok, no explanations, sorry...You'll notice that the songs I chose are mostly not very...hmmm...'heavy'...Some of these songs aren't even pure metal but, what the hell...
I can play all of them on the guitar so I guess that's also one of the reasons why I like them
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
13.11.2007 - 13:31
Edible Autopsy
1. Death - Spirit Crusher
2. Amon Amarth - Beheading of a King
3. Carcass - Death Certificate
4. Six Feet Under - Revenge of the Zombie
5. Metallica - Disposable Heroes
6. Fates Warning - Epitaph
7. Morbid Angel - Angel of Disease
8. Obituary - The End Complete
9. Entombed - Crawl
10. Atheist - Brains

Don't know why I like them all. I guess they've all just influenced my musician side. I love everything about the songs.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
18.12.2007 - 18:42
Ascalon
Ohhh!! vere very difficult to choose, because maybe youhave to consider the classics that everyone heard once, but I'll use my personal taste:

1.- Running Alone - Angra
2.- Fade To Black - Metallica
3.- Can I Play With Madness - Iron Maiden
4.- Carry On - Angra
5.- One - Metallica
6.- Hunting High and Low - Stratovarius
7.- Breaking Away - Avantasia
8.- Rainmaker - Iron Maiden
9.- Lady Lost In Time - Labyrinth
10.- The Gods Made Heavy Metal - Manowar
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)